tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tears

oh greenie. that was such a sweet post. your daddy loves you so and seeing you makes his day. and puppy helps too. I know you are going thru hell and I am sending you many hugs:l:l
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tears

The big girl pants were definitely on.

Bravo for seeing your dad at the nursing home. Double bravo for dealing with the dog as you visit the nursing home. I spent several years working in such places, and it is a world of its own. Most folk outside do not see how much living is really going on in there, and i promise, if you even worked 8 hours there, your vision would be so open to life, and love, and friends, and gossip, and laughter and tears. If it is the safest place for your dad, so be it. Options are limited if a loved one needs nursing care. Finances make a difference as well. No one should ever feel guilty about choosing skilled nursing care if there are no other options.
      An outsider smells the smells, sees deterioration, and thinks "how awful." But those who have worked there and volunteer there see that so much more is going on.
      Your gift is your presence to your dad. (And many others, though you aren't aware of it!)
      Be careful: as you visit him, you might fall in love with many others........Simple things really do matter.:h

Comment

tears

Turning little victories into big ones is even better!

Nice work Greeneyes!
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

tears

greeneyes;301053 wrote: Dad is calling for me. I have to go to nursing home. I don't like going there. Big trigger. Yet another hubby fight. Throw me some big girl pants.
          Sorry about your dad, Green... hope everything was okay...

Yea, I know about family-related triggers... HUGE!

Take care, girlie.

Comment

Working...
          X