X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in here too

Sk8atrgrl,

I hope you are feeling better today.

I do know you are going through some rough times from what you said. You know as well as I do that going through them sober is the way to ride it out the best.

The temporary buzz will go away you will still be faced with the same problems, only you won't have done anything constructive.

Stay sober if you can.

Hugs and hope you are feeling stronger today.

Love,
    Cindi
    XVIII
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm in here too

Hi everyone, I didnt cave last night. It was hard but I didn't give in. Didn't feel happy with myself either tho this morning because I am convinced It is only a matter of time beforre I pick up that drink. Odd thing, for me... I have never really had any feelings of euphoria for how well I have done. even tho I have don it for me, it's as tho I have resented everyone of those sober days I have had. Maybe I wasn't really ready to quit, but now I have it does make it harder to pick that drink up. The 2 bottles are still beside me on the bookcase and still unopened. Didn't think it'd be possible to leave them there but I have. thanks again everyone x
      Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

I'm in here too

good for you sk8..keep it up. it only gets better with time
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm in here too

Max hon ......... Well done, would you be better throwing/giving those bottles away?????

The partner from here that is bothering you, Is it the same one that we had problems with last year????

PLease take care, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm in here too

SK8R - Just checking in to see how you are doing hon. Day by day you need to vow to stay away from the AL while you are on the meds. This is a very bad combo. This will help you to get through the next few days - but then I suggest that you sit down and write all the reasons you stopped drinking to begin with. After 90 days - the memory of "why" starts to fade. I just hit 90 myself and I feel that JUST NOW I am coming out of the darkness. Give yourself a little more time - to see if you don't start feeling better about yourself. This is a huge accomplishment for you - and you are beating yourself up. Is this maybe why you drink in the first place? Self abuse? Writing your heart out helps - continue to do it right here where you are safe and you have the support of all of us who love you so.

Let us know how you are doing.

Liv
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I'm in here too

Thankyou Living Free.. lovely post. And thanks to everyone else too you have helped me not to give in. Tis Saturday today tho and I seem so much worse at the weekend. I am going to keep myself occupied so I don't have time to think "drink". Oh, and yes, BB it is the same partner I had issues with last year. Gosh you have a good memory! I don't see that the problem is him tho, it's more my irrational thinking. I need to go for now as someone is waiting for me but I will post more later. Thanks again everyone x
              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

I'm in here too

sk8rgrl,

Please don't drink. I feel like I threw away 6 months AF by just one little drinky. Add that to a valium and forget about it. I'm trying to get back to my peaceful place where I can try to rationalize as you are. Having the temptation of the Malibu there is something that made me go over. I had a bottle of Belvedier vodka left over from New Years that I thought would help me get over one issue and now I am back at square one trying to get through a full day 1 all over again.

I wish I could stay on the boards more so I could get more support (and shut these damn voices in my head up), but right now I can't. You can do it! Sending you hugs!

-V

Comment

I'm in here too

SK8T,
                  I am brand new to these boards and just logged on tonight in my day TWO of being AF. I don't know how i got through a Saturday night without my captain morgan, but I did it for the first time in months, years? I felt so proud of myself this morning waking up with the clear hear, I woke up at good time, went outside and felt like a human, that I could do this. Don't trade away 30 days of that feeling for some dude. I have come to the conclusion that I have only shake this decade long habit with the focus and the mind set that I have to do this for myself and no one else. Hang in there. I'm telling myself that much as you. I'll be following you for inspiration. Hang tough! I am ready to duct tape myself to my chair to keep from getting in the car and popping around the corner to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm in here too

soberchallenge;305772 wrote: SK8T,
                    I am brand new to these boards and just logged on tonight in my day TWO of being AF. I don't know how i got through a Saturday night without my captain morgan, but I did it for the first time in months, years? I felt so proud of myself this morning waking up with the clear hear, I woke up at good time, went outside and felt like a human, that I could do this. Don't trade away 30 days of that feeling for some dude. I have come to the conclusion that I have only shake this decade long habit with the focus and the mind set that I have to do this for myself and no one else. Hang in there. I'm telling myself that much as you. I'll be following you for inspiration. Hang tough! I am ready to duct tape myself to my chair to keep from getting in the car and popping around the corner to the liquor store.
                    WTG soberchallenge... !!!!! Nice to see you back on the boards...

We can all do this together... Hang tough..
                    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
                    X