Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had a butt oscopy ?

Other Xrays

My last x-rays show I have alot of diverticulosis on my left side and if I have another attack then I am looking at surgery.:eeks:, at least I know now.
    If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at begin to change.

Comment

Hi Gemmy1,

Don't know a lot about diverticulosis, but I know avoiding certain foods is supposed to help keep it in check. Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Good luck!!

Miso

Comment

Pill Cam

Well I had another attack and will be going to Las Vegas for the Pill Cam, Dr's think I have Crohns Diease. Hopefully the little camera doesn't get stuck cuz then I would need surgery.
        This last time in the hospital I had partical bowel obstruction, its really weird as I have the same pains. Something weird is going on with me.
        Later
        If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at begin to change.

Comment

The prep is worse than the procedure, in my opinion. I have had 5-6. Just hate that stuff you have to drink ahead of time. Yuck! Had colo-rectal surgery and hemroidectomy about 12-13 years ago. Damage as a result of twins that weighed 8# each. LOL! Very un-fun!

Everyone should have this test periodically after we are older. Gemmy1- find out about the Crohn's. There is a simple enzyme test of some type that can diagnose, and confirm with colonoscopy. My mom died at 55 because of a perforated bowel that caused peritonitis. She had Crohn's. Please find out! I miss her tons!

Hugs, Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I heard the actual procedure is alright, because you get drugged up. See, I am always thinking of the high...sigh,
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

My daughter, at 20 had this procedure plus the one down the throat, both at the same visit.....she was a little sore and tired afterward, but other than being a little embarrassed she was ok....btw she had it done because she was being tested for Celiac's

Comment

petpeeve,

is your daughter ok? i am sorry i don't know what Celiac's is? will she be alright?
                peace and love,
                lizzie:h:h

Comment

I just brought up Celia's because Crohns was mentioned. Celiac's is an auto-immune 'disease' where the person cannot tolerate wheat, rice, barley or oats. We have had to totally re-work the way we cook, where we can go out to eat, etc etc....it is not cheap either....pasta that one would buy in the store for say 33 cents on sale costs me $3.29; a loaf of bread is $7.50.....etc etc......

Comment

colonoscopy-blondechicktoyou has had one.

They are relatively painless. The "crap" you have to drink the night before is the worst, to clean your system out. I had an upper and lower done all at once. The only thing I remember is when the nurse started to put the tube down my throat, I started to panic and she told me to breath through my nose. Then I went to sleepy land and woke up and everything was fine. The stuff you mix up and drink the night before, is better if you chase it with about 3 quarts of Gatorade.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I had a sigmoidoscopy and man that sucked.They don't give you anything for that one.They just say bend over and say'do me do me do me"

Comment

Bugger me.
                        How so anal retentive? To farts and everything and bowel pride. This is new to me

Comment

I'ts, like a walk in the park. you'll fart a lot for awhile, but your druged ,won't feel a thing.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                          X