Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

Wow, what a difference a little bit of AF time makes. 12 days AF for me today. In my original post on this thread I said it seemed I was drinking more out of habit than craving or addiction. I do believe there is some truth to that. You see I had all the tools, even the Topa, but without support our chances are slim at best (IMO). Well now with the support piece added the 'habit' part of the drinking equation has slowly but surely left me as well.

A couple people asked that I continue to post here to share my experience and progress so this is not a shameless 'bump',, I swear!

I said I was cutting back on the Topa, but had a doc visit yesterday. He suggested strongly that I didn't. He said I increased my dose too quickly (in my desperation to get sober I did NOT follow the MWO Topa schedule outlined in the book, which my doc really likes by the way). I've been seeing him for at least 5 years now and have really grown to like and trust him so I'm not going to argue with his advice. Plus he may have seen my request not really coming from 'me', but from the AL monster lurking in my head who doesn't like the Topa or the Kudzu or other supplements for that matter because they keep him in check!

Well, happy Sunday to all. This is a great place to be and for some of us the only place.
    I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

Need Advice

You sound wonderful! I'm happy for you.

I just posted a few minutes ago to a member who (IMHO) may need to change the habits they have. It's the habitual cycles that we put ourselves into that are just as challenging as physical cravings. I am going to advise her to read this post from you. It's perfect timing for her I think.

Keep up the great work!!

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
      X