Nothing can be worth feeling this awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah 11, we're in the same boat. Thanks.

Comment

Welcome 11, you can do it, just keep on trying.
      Paula.

Comment

When the pain of drinking becomes more than the pain of quitting, you can succeed in quitting.

Just make a committment to yourself that you will not drink today. Just take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow, just concetrate on today. Take it one hour at a time if you have to....whatever it takes to not drink. After the first few days you will start to see a transformation.....from drunk to sober. You will start feeling better....and thinking clearer. It doesn't take very long to start seeing the benefits of not drinking.

You have to be brutal with yourself and go to battle with The Beast. Say to yourself that no matter what happens, drinking is not an option. Period. Be proactive. Don't sit around waiting for The Beast to come to you. Be aggressive. Talk to The Beast and tell him there is nothing he can do to make you take a drink.

Before you know it you will have 1 week AF....then 2....and you will be well on your way to changing your life and getting off this rollercoaster for good.

But it all starts with ...." I will not drink today...."

Don

Day 255

Comment

Chief;314323 wrote: When the pain of drinking becomes more than the pain of quitting, you can succeed in quitting.
          Thanks for that encouragement. I have literally been lecturing myself out loud before I have to go out and meet friends. I imagine it's helped somewhat the past 2 days. However it's an alcohol-drenched world, all my nearest and dearest are functional Hardcore Imbibers, as myself. But I know that physically my body can't take anymore.

Comment

Hammer

Chief is so right so take it one day at a time and say "I will not drink today"and the rest will eventually fall into place

My love and support

Sweetpea xx
            :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

[QUOTE=Chief;314323]When the pain of drinking becomes more than the pain of quitting, you can succeed in quitting.

This is so ture!!

Hi hammer,
              Glad you found a new doctor and you dont need to worry about your seizures....
              9days ago i had a big binge at a party and past out my hubby reminded me the other day how he had to slap my face with cold water to wake me up..it just coming back to me now....once you get past 1week and the 1st weekend the AF days are rolling into another AF days. But baby steps first.

Wishing you good luck and strength your way.

Love
              Teardrop.x
              9days AF
              family is everything to me

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. I try and get on this board once or twice a day for fortification, it helps. I'm in a challenging environment.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X