I slipped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I slipped.

Holy Ripple. Seeing you are one of the few on these boards who has some 200 AF days under your belt, one would think you to be a bit more compassionate? Maybe offer advise, insight, or something?

What would happen if you slipped? If you attack others here they won't want to lend you a helping hand. We all have to start somewhere. Perhaps quitting for you is easier than it is for others? Many people learn from a slip and then discover what they need to do. They say a slip is part of recovery. It is like self-discovery.

I just can't get my head around why you feel compelled to attack someone who has asked for help?

Comment

I slipped.

You know Ripple sometimes it seems like yoo're posting under the influence of something. I see no reason for you to be as hostile as you are at times.

Comment

I slipped.

Accountable for Me;314615 wrote: Holy Ripple. Seeing you are one of the few on these boards who has some 200 AF days under your belt, one would think you to be a bit more compassionate? Maybe offer advise, insight, or something?

What would happen if you slipped? If you attack others here they won't want to lend you a helping hand. We all have to start somewhere. Perhaps quitting for you is easier than it is for others? Many people learn from a slip and then discover what they need to do. They say a slip is part of recovery. It is like self-discovery.

I just can't get my head around why you feel compelled to attack someone who has asked for help?
        recovered is not 6.5 months my dear friend! FACTS are not attack! YES, slip is part of recovery my hero! Some are stronger than others, its what one believes? make sense? I offered advice, get help, you cannot sugar coat, i am compassionate. are you? Quitting is not easy, its a daily struggle and reminder like anyone else goes through. I know very well, what it is all about, trust me. I know. :thanks:

Comment

I slipped.

A slip is something that does not become a full relapse, which would be a return to the old addictive behaviour. Generally a slip may be one drink, or perhaps an short evening where you get drunk. The next day, after the slip you can recognise it as such and take steps to get back onto the wagon.

I experienced a slip a couple of years ago during a short period of sobriety (albeit white knuckle!). Had a bottle of wine late one evening, next morning really regretted it and got straight back to where I was.

So take strength from it, don't beat yourself up and get right back up there.

Comment

I slipped.

follow up..

Dolly Sunshine;314622 wrote: You know Ripple sometimes it seems like yoo're posting under the influence of something. I see no reason for you to be as hostile as you are at times.
            only in your dreams sunshine, thats why they make pills dear. no drinkie for ripples..:sorry: having way too much fun without. i see no reason to say I DRINK! surely, you could be sipping and coming here to laugh a bit, i know i doo,(at times) no confusion now and hate mail.. but i'm in the doo now..:thanks: i guess things needed to be brought to life! :welcome:

Comment

I slipped.

WTF?

Good luck Amashed.
              I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

I slipped.

Can I have some of those pills?
                I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

I slipped.

ME TOO PILL please dont be sorry ripp lets move on

Comment

I slipped.

Hey amashed cleaning the house thing while pie eyed done that !!!!. Booze logic rule number 1) when expecting visitors number one rule make sure house is clean iron shirt and no one will notice anything about the fact that your a little under the weather. I think I am you. take care mate hope all goes well with the Doc check in please after things pull back together I know you will be fine and would love to hear more from you.
                    Captn

Comment

I slipped.

Ok, I have just looked up some definitions of Slips V Relapses I was given in rehab so maybe this can help someone.

Basically a slip is an early, isolated incident after a period of self-denial. It does not mean a return to constant heavy use. Usually it occurs when we are caught of guard and is not premeditated. A relapse is however, a return to constant use of the addictive susbtance. It doesn't just happen and wether conscious or sub-conscious we make the decision to drink again.

I know I have experienced both of the above, every binge was always a relapse even though I may sometimes have a week or more without alcohol.

Comment

I slipped.

Thanks UK that is a great explanation/ distinction. Sums it up for me

captn

Comment

I slipped.

hiya amashed we all know what your going thru at the moment and to call it a living nightmare is an understatement.the thing is tho as you know is to put the drink down.you done the best thing regarding your gp but the shakes,sweating and fears,are what we all go thru,even after a slip after months of abstinence,it doesnt mean your going to have an alcoholic fit,ive been drinking heavily for 25 years and ive never fitted but it was always at the back of my mind.god bless and good luck buddy.
                          the shark

Comment

I slipped.

Hiya all,

I?ve just woken up from a drunken sleep, I?m not that great to be honest. I have a prescription of Librium that I haven?t taken yet, I am feeling ashamed and ammonised.

I?m still drinking but stopping soon.

I am trying.

Comment

I slipped.

amashed, just take it one minute at a time. Sleep and lots of water will help you.

You have nothing to be ashamed about. I just got back from my GP and he told me to stop apologizing for being there to see him (yet again for me). He said something really nice today....

"We are all children of the Universe. We have every bit of right to be here (whatever that refers to in your life) as the trees, grass, sky, etc..."

What he meant for me was, that I have to stop apologizing and feeling ashamed for being where I am at, at the moment, and know that I deserve the help and love, others have to offer....

Comment

I slipped.

Amashed. Do take your librium hon. It will help lots. What feelings are you running from? Hon, go easy on yourself, you only have one body. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X