Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and not hopeful

Hi all:

I have read the book, along with several others...one which I STRONGLY recommend is Life's Golden ticket..amazing read and put my ass onto the right track for a while....little it was.

I am looking into another book called "CRUSH your alcoholism in 7 days by a guy named Gary Ross. Anyone heard or tried.He also says he works on the brain chemistry compound.

I CANNOT seem to get the freakin cds to work in my saturated brain!!!! I try and try and end up restless and fitful.....any other cds you could suggest?

Marriage is in a struggle, but hb still goes out and comes home late....leaving me to use my freakin excuses that he's out drinkin, damn it why don't I do it here??? LAME, I know, that's why I need help.

Thanks,

S

New and not hopeful

I love the MWO book but have not heard of the others.I will look up the one you recomended.I have found that the suuport on this site to be the most important thing that helped me get sober and i continue to use it to stay sober.I think if you stick around here that you will find the help that you need,I know that many,many others have and I did,for sure!!!!!! EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New and not hopeful

Struggles ~ welcome. Hmm....seems like there is so much going on in your short little post. But your cry for help comes through loud and clear. Good for you for reaching out and trying to find it. You have come to the right place.

I'm glad you can see that there is no reason for you to drink just because hubby goes out and does it. No one can cause us to drink. We do it all by ourselves. Realizing that already is going to give you a big leap forward in your getting sober. Now, just how do you put that thinking into action....

You state you have the book and the CDs. Have you started any of the supplements? Many of the supps especially L-glutamine and Omega Fish Oils will help with anxiety and moods. L-glut also helps with the cravings. If you are not taking them, I suggest you do. Maybe incorporate some light excersise, even if it is just stretching. In a few days, try sitting through the CDs again. You may find that you have the patience then to get through them.

I hope this helps. But stay on with us, please. We are here for you. Best of luck.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

New and not hopeful

Struggles, read as much as you can, post as much as you need, come here often. When hubby is out, come here for support.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

New and not hopeful

struggles, I hope you are doing OK today. Please do come here and read and post when hubby is away rather than drink. Whatever issues may be going on between you, it's lots easier to work on problems with a clear head.

Hope to get to know you better on this journey.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

New and not hopeful

Hello. You might try Dr. Andrew Wiel's CD on music for healing or a meditatation CD - I like Kalamata (or something like that) . I like the CD's. But I fall alseep every time. Never made it to the end. I have started trying to hear the talking in the sleep one though and it is distracting so I try to focus on the water sound and not study it.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

New and not hopeful

Hi everyone! Have not been doing so well. Drank 12 pk last night and then 3 glasses of wine before bed! Disappointed! HB went out and came in at 2:30, but was fine. Sometimes I get so jealous that I cannot do that. How dare he be able to go and have fun and socially drink and I can't...WTF??

Had 1/2 bottle of wine and 4 beers so far today. Going to try to stop and enjoy the rest of the day....for shit's sake, it is only 11:45am!!

Thank you all for the support....I am going to mix the L-Glut now and hopefully it will drive out cravings!

I NEVER wished for this....why is there so much help for smoking and nothing for us?

Thanx again!

Comment

New and not hopeful

Been there,done that...There is no rythum nor reason to why Alcoholics are Alcoholics.I struggled with that question for years...It seemed so unfair,like getting a life sentence for a crime that I did not comit.All that kinda thinking put me in the( POOR ME) mood that kept me Pooring more and more drinks.Finally I have come to see it as a challenge of my strenght...A way too grow as a soul...No pain no gain, the saying goes...Today I am almost thankful to be Alcoholic.If I can over come that then there is nothing that I can not do and that feels so empowering.....If I can stop then I know you can...ODAT...Help lives here at this site...Evie
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

New and not hopeful

struggles;340893 wrote: Hi everyone! Have not been doing so well. Drank 12 pk last night and then 3 glasses of wine before bed! Disappointed! HB went out and came in at 2:30, but was fine. Sometimes I get so jealous that I cannot do that. How dare he be able to go and have fun and socially drink and I can't...WTF??

Had 1/2 bottle of wine and 4 beers so far today. Going to try to stop and enjoy the rest of the day....for shit's sake, it is only 11:45am!!

Thank you all for the support....I am going to mix the L-Glut now and hopefully it will drive out cravings!

I NEVER wished for this....why is there so much help for smoking and nothing for us?

Thanx again!
                  Well, we're here at MWO and that's something for us! Have you downloaded and read the book? IMO, there is more to the supplement picture than just the L-Glut and Kudzu that specifically address cravings. In the book RJ talks about how booze robs us nutritionally in so many other ways. Replenishing the depleted stuff is important to - our bodies crave what is needed, and sometimes a deficiency / craving for one thing can get confused with cravings for other things such as alcohol, nicotine, etc. etc.

It was really hard for me to accept the fact that I CANNOT drink socially like a "normal" person - i.e. one or two drinks on occassion, and that's it. One drink? What's the point in THAT?? is how my brain works. Accepting this and not wasting emotional engergy being frustrated about it was an important step.

I was a day drinker too, so I feel you pain about how much consumed before noon. There IS a richer life out there for all of us. I'm only 16 days AF, and this is only the second time I've come this far in 32 years as an adult. But we all CAN get rid of this beast if we keep trying, keep learning, and keep being honest with ourselves.

Can you start with a small goal - like no more drinking today?

My heart is out to you.....everyone here understands where you are coming from.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

New and not hopeful

My husband is also able to have just one or 2 drinks. I have never seen him drunk. I don't hink I've ever seen him have more than 4 total over an whole evening, even at a party with plenty. I also would love to be like him in that. But........it is not to be. There are lots of things in life that are not fair and have no reason we can figure out. I know there are plenty of people in the world who wish they could have some of the things I do have, like a car, a house, health insurance, sisters I like and get along with, etc. Are you sure you are not punishing your husband a bit for going out and having a good time? Can you pour out the rest of the wine (an open bottle is almost impossible to ignore)? Then do something nice for yourself like walk to nearby park and enjoy the scenery? Unfortunately, the kudzu and L-glut and cds are not magic. It is a struggle. And yes, there is nicotine gum and craving reducing medication for smokers, but having struggled for years with that addiction (longer than with this one), it is not easy even with that. Evielou's thought that it is growth for the soul is a good one. Similar thoughts have helped me. Please keep checking in.

Comment

New and not hopeful

Struggles - Grab onto the life jacket we are throwing you here! Hang on and get and stay on this site often! There are many good books out there. Start with the MWO and then pick up Sober for good - a great book to show you all the options of controlling AL. It really made a huge difference for me after I was well into the supps and program here at MWO.

Hang in here. You are among people who have been there and understand your fears. We've been there. I've been there. I am going on 6 months with no Alcohol. None. If I can do it ---- ANYONE can. I have the weakest will of ANYONE I know!!!! :H Seriously.

Just get started by having a No drinking day. Then choose another. And another. Get it?

Best to you
                      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                      X