Will gin blossoms heal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will gin blossoms heal?

I screwed up. I got away from doing this program after a couple of good months in Jan/ Feb. Friday night I went nuts and really overconsumed to an insane degree. I awoke Saturday with gin blossoms on the sides of my nose along the eye line and across the bridge.

I'm so completely ashamed that everywhere I go people can just look at me now and see what a pathetic piece of shit I must be. This has never happened to me before.

Will these heal? I can't find any good information on the web except that they are an obvious sign of being an alcoholic, which just re-fires my panic and shame and has left me useless for the last two days.

Please, please, please someone tell me that these will get better. Please??!??

Will gin blossoms heal?

Hi Harv,If gin blossoms are red discoloring then all I can say is that my skin is coming back to a normal color.I had a reddish nose and yellow eyes and looked like I had I foot one foot in the grave,just 6 weeks ago.Once I stopped poisining myself for a week or so,I started to see life coming back into my eyes.The redness started to go and even the wrinkles seem to disappear.Today is 41 days AF and my husband told me this morning that I looked as beautiful as the day that we were married.That is a amazingly quick transformation.You can regain your health and looks as well.The program gives great advise on the supps.that help you heal.There really is a happy healthy life after alcoholism...I am living proof.....Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

That is great, Evie. What I had were not gin blossoms, they are hereditary - really!!! - just little veins on the sides of my nostrils. I went to my dermatologist on Thursday and had Pulsed Dye Laser treatments. Ten years ago, before I drank I had this, and now again. The problem is you get terrible dark purple bruising in the area. Lucky I'm a girl, so I can wear tons of makeup and concealer. Yesterday I hid in my house.
      I like to look my best, always.
      Maybe talk to a dermatologist and find out your options?
      Lots of people drink, and don't get those. You just got 'caught.' I talk to moms, and I know there's lots and lots of secret drinking and desperation going on here in the suburbs.
      Lila

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

My yellowish eyes were a sure giveaway... getting whiter and brighter though.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

yeah red dots and blotches under the skin. Looks kind of like a rash or zit or bump until you see they are not raised.

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

I mean, after the treatment there is bruising - caused by the laser - that goes away in about 5 days.

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

Gin Blossoms, also know as alcohol flush reaction, on Wikipedia. Lots of info there just don't know
              how to link. Sorry. Also Gin Blossoms is an Alternative Rock Band. LOL

Biscuit

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

Update

They've faded to the point that I can still see them but I'm looking for them. Whew. Going to take this as my cue to change anyway.

Thanks for replying to my panic.
                :thanks:

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

gin blossoms

Hi
                  I was reading about gin blossoms. I was always told they were the alcoholics nose that was was all red and disfigured. Anyone have an uncle like that? I had several. lol. anyway, I am three weeks sober today!!! Yea me!! I am freaking out though because I now have these "bumps" on my nose. They almost look like clear moles though. I have also gotten a few on my lower back. any suggestions??
                  Congrats to everyone sober & willing to be sober today, isn't life beautiful outside the toliet bowl???lo:wings:

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

Hi Michelle,
                    I have 2 suggestion's for you.

1. Ask a doc about the bumps on your nose and back.
                    2. Do something real nice for yourself for being 3 week's sober!

That's a huge achievement. Well done, and keep going! The 'toolbox' thread in monthly abstinence section, is essential reading for you. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Will gin blossoms heal?

Wow i never heard of gin blossoms scary stuff. I had the slightly yellow and bloodshoot eyes but it tends to go when i keep of the drink for a few weeks. I have those pink spider veins on my cheeks but they are heritory as most of my family have them but when i drink they get get quite flushed and red. I use a good makeup and concealer if i'm going out and that hides them well.

Comment

Working...
                      X