oh, how fragile.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, how fragile.....

Made it through last night AF and am well on my way tonight. Have a dull HA and some sweats, but was feeling fine and enjoying the company online. Husband is on his eighth or so beer in den watching t.v. Son just came in and was telling me about his toothache and the f'ing marine corpos who were supposed to take care of it before he left and said they did but didn't. I sympathized, made a suggestion, then smiled and said, "Sweeheart you have to see some of these songs on this site," and he just turned around and said, "I'm not in the mood" and walked away. He is normally such a sweet young man. He'll come back later and apologize, but right now guess what I want to do......DRINK! I am mad at what Iraq did to him. I'm mad that he can't even get decent dental care and is pain. I'm mad that my head is hurting for the 9th day straight....And even though half an hour ago I was fine w/out drinking, now all i want to do is DRINK!

oh, how fragile.....

SAMI
    So true. You are fragile. But remember your drinking will not help any of the situations that you have talked about. You have to do this for you and you will feel so much better if you do. Good Luck and stay close

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

You are so right, time2change. Thanks. I know that it will just make me feel better temporarily and then worse tomorrow...guess I'll just try to go to bed.

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

yeah we have all been there and done that but the thing is yeah sure you could drink but why ...keep on they way you are right now ..remember how you felt an hour ago .. write your thoughts down ask questions .. go into chat and wait for someone to come there and talk chat about it .. but dont drink why wake up with a hangover .. when you know those problems will be there again tomorrow but you can stay strong and do what you know you have to do is not drink and think about with a clear mine .. stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

sami,relax,easy for me to say,my family is safe at home,the shakes do go away in time,its the bod rebelling,have a bath,with bubbles,not somthin i would do,im a man,dang,as far as your 2nd haf,he doesnt understand you,neither does your son,icalledit finally the the walk on the dark side,most normals as we refer to them couldnt do it,your doin fine that feeling of intense ness does dwindle keep comon here and just chattin someone will grab a hold of you and help gyco have a nc nt

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

Sami - thoughts and prayers going up for you. I can't even imagine the anger you must feel. Drinking will just make you feel more out of control. By staying AF - you will wake up feeling more peaceful - gradually day by day. this will also help you show your dear Son how to deal with stress without pouring your emotions into the bottle. In the long run - you will be the best example anyone can be for him. Hang tight ... the headaches will get better.

:l
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

Sami Dear,I am sending love and strenght..We have all been there and I know,you know that NOTHING IS SO BAD,THAT A DRINK WON'T MAKE IT WORSE...Hang in there...YOU CAN DO IT,I KNOW YOU CAN...
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

Hi Sami, sorry to hear you're so down
                I agree with everyone else, even just the ONE drink wont do any good whatsoever... and will make things a damn sight worse.
                You hang in there Missy! :l
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

oh, how fragile.....

Hi Sami,
                  I hope you can get some help for your son soon. Hang in there, don't drink, you can do it!
                  It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

Working...
                  X