I need HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need HELP

OK...I have been sending posts so much u would think I would have a clue...I CAN NOT DRINK!!!!!!!!!! I went to my mother's last night and left and ended up at a pub and got smashed..OMG thank GO my husband called my cell looking for me..but it was so bad he had to come pick me up..we left my car there and got it the next day..He must hate me ..I am such a loser.what if I killed someone..or myself!!!!!! I am so scared...I dont know why I say I dont want to drink, then turn around and do it anyways,,this is nuts
    Also now my mom knows I have a drinking problem...I spilled my guts to her this morning...OMG

I need HELP

So... what's the next step? What would a reasonable plan be, for you?

Comment

I need HELP

I have no clue...:upset:

Comment

I need HELP

ahh, Bunky, let's think then... what are the things in the MWO program that seem to help people?

Have you taken a look at the "toolbox thread"? It's very helpful, too... I'll bump it up for you.

This time... use your distress, maybe even disgust, about how things get, with alcohol, to fuel a new determination to STOP going there!

wip

Comment

I need HELP

Yes I am very disgusted with myself...again!
          Bump me to the toolbox thread..so I can check it out..thanks

Comment

I need HELP

Do you want to go chat?

Comment

I need HELP

PLEASE...thanks

Comment

I need HELP

Bunky, I know that you feel down right now, but WIP is right about figuring out what you need to do to put a plan together. I can tell you that wandering around and hoping things will get better all by themselves won't work - and I can say that because I tried that plan over and over again...

This need to be a plan of action, meaning you are actively taking steps to get yourself healthy. So, let go of the guilt and remorse - hard to do I know but it is now time to move forward. You've already taken some healthy steps in admitting your problem, so keep it going.
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I need HELP

Bunky, i have just begun to admit to my drinking problem. fortunately? both of my parents are dead. i do have a husband of 19 years. he really doesn't understand because he never had to try to quit drinking. i am also not allowed to discuss it at work. i have an alcoholic sister who is sympathetic and wants to quit also. the problem for me is where to start. i got a prescription from my doctor but you must be abstinent before you can take it. i didi manage almost 2 days of being abstinent.

Comment

I need HELP

aiden,
                    what did your dr presc?

Comment

I need HELP

Bunky, your husband does not hate you. I am sure he hates to have to pick-you-up at the Pub. I used to drive in the middle of the night looking for my husband and pick him off the street behind our house. I hate AL, not him

Comment

Working...
                      X