Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!

Welcome cynder_ella....My best advice to you is to listen and absorb what you hear here. These people won't judge you and you never have to be the life of the party with us. You are young and resilient, and you can stop this now. If Saturday is your trigger, make a date to get on here and talk to people early. In the beginning that boost of self-confidence may just be what you need, then you will also read and learn about all the tips and tricks the rest of us use in those times, when I get to my breaking point (the point where a drink becomes the only next step) I bake, some knit, some draw, some exercise.....I.....bake cheesecakes!!

Anyway, you may never truly understand why it is you do what you do, but you will soon know how to stop it.

Hugs to you!!!
    "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Comment

Please help!

Hi cynder_ella,

No need to apologize! We all have lives aside from alcohol. Or at least we're trying to!

The fastest way to get the book is to download it as a pdf. Here's the direct link:
      Quit drinking today the easy way!

Congratulations on your AF (alcohol-free) days and on your essay! There's a thread under "Starting Out" called ODAT (or one day at a time) which you might enjoy. We'd love to see you there!

Take care,
      Becoming
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Please help!

Hey everyone - sober talk here from NZ. All I can say is "one is too many, a thousand is never enough".... it took me many, many years and a shitload of pain to realise it was the first DRINK that did the damage - I used to say "no it's the fourth or fifth I start to lose it"... however I know today that if I don't have the first one, I can't get to the fouth etc, but if I DO drink the first one, ALWAYS it keeps going - and in my history, usually for weeks or months and often with a trip to the police cells in between. As a rule I am a social, intelligent, outgoing, life-loving woman, but give me that first drink, and watch the HELL out, society! I am an active AA member, and have been for 15 years, however, complacency and apathy are my watchwords, and I have had numerous "slips" on the way. Anyway, hi to all and for me, living life ?NE DAY AT A TIME" works today! Bless.
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
        X