Need answers on withdrawal symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last drink was Friday night. Felt fine yesterday. Today I fell terrible. Been up this road before and it takes me weeks to start feeling better. I am a beer drinker 6 to 8 pints pretty much everyday. I do not want to go to detox because I do not trust dr.s. I also struggle with major anxiety and my dr has me on xanax. However I was sober when he prescribed them to me. I do not abuse this drug. Anyway, is there anyone out there that drank more than me and did not go to detox and what were your withdrawal symptoms like. I do not get the shakes. Just terrible fatigue, irritability and a burning sensation in my eyes. Also have terrible concentration problems. Is this a siign of the DT"s.

Hi Jack
    Well for me I drank wine and two weeks ago when I did my first 4 day AF I had headaches for 3 days..I also take xanax for anxiety but usually only take half.. just be careful with xanax.. they are addictive..drink a lot of water lots... your anxiety is caused by alcohol !!!
    So for me the detox was ok, but you have to be careful and listen to you body !! and come here often to read and post...
    :beach:

Comment

I just downed 6 bottles of wine in 3 days. Well, not quite 6 as 1/2 of the last one went down the drain instead. This was a really big binge for me this time. But I truly want to swear that I'm finally done with ruining my life and wrecking my health. I always take double doses of my vitamins when drinking. Liquid calcium, magnesium vitamin Bs all in liquid form. Did you know that the big booze companies have had a formula for decades to include viatmins and minerals in their booze?? The FDA would not allow them to put in the additives that would be so helpful to heavy and light drinkers alike. So, right now I'm taking the vitamins with water and not Al. My stomach is a bit off, but otherwise I feel just depressed but O.K. I guess I'm really lucky. I just ate a couple of chocolate kisses as a tummy remedy:H:H:H I hope we ALL get through this. xxxx g.

Comment

6-8 pints of beer a day?

Man, If I could only drink 6-8 pints of beer a day I'd never have withdrawal symtoms..When I do one of my binges, its like one or one and a half 5ths of Black Velvet/Coke, per day..You wanna talk about WITHDRAWAL symtoms after a good 3-6 day bender?

I dont even go to Detox anymore, I think I take better care of myself than any of the 3 times I've been to the hospitals for detox..Although the last year, my withdrawals have scared the hell out of me..Scary nightmares that wake me directly up in cold sweats. Cant sleep for 5 days, fatigued, cant concentrate, weak, depressed as all hell,High Blood pressure, ect ect ect.

Drink TON's of Gatorade or water, take a BUNCH of B-Complex vitamins, eat a banana or take a Potasium suppliment every day and try and take something to calm your nerves down [ melatonine, valerian root,L-Tryptophene ect ect ect. Dont forget to eat 3 good meals a day..

DONT DRINK AGAIN !

Comment

Dear Jackson,

I don't think those symptoms are DT like. I'm not a doctor but they seem fairly typical of cutting back or stopping AL. It gets better with each day. I have to fight the fatigue and irritability, too, plus I get a bit nauseous and shaky, and very sweaty with bad dreams. It's no picnic, is it? I don't know of anyone who has had DT's so I'll defer to others...just hang in there the best you can, cut back, stop,whatever works for you! Don't know about the eye thing, I wonder if that's dehydration?

Ann

Comment

billyjack, Which one of us will kill themselves first!! Just the sugar alone in your intake could be lethal. Even without bad withdrawal symtoms, I'm scared for my liver, BP is off the scales too. Sugar, so I'm fasting today drinking only water and aloe vera juice. and taking my vitamins... rubbing oil of magnesium into my chest for my heart and doing a lot of praying. Doesn't gatorade have a good dose of sugar in it? I've misplaced my bottle of 5-HTP but I got melatonin for tonight. I get sweaty and hot every night around 4am. The chinese say that's liver heat. Tomorrow will be Day ! and I can't wait for the rest of my life after that one. Of course, we could always fall down and die. That's what's so great about ODAT. But paired with "DON'T DRINK AGAIN"

Comment

Jack, DT's are really ugly, I've seen them. Delirium,loss of conciousness and body control, leading up to organ failure, etc. If you begin to shake badly, you should see a doc or call a helpline at once. I was in rehab with a man I thought was 10-15 yrs older than me. Turns out he was 10 yrs younger, and had a permanent hole in his chest from his last DT hospitalization. That SHOULD be enough to stop anyone, but you never know. You've gotten great advice above. Water, water, water, and add lemon at least morning and night. Try, when you think your going to jump out of your skin, going for a power walk, do ANYTHING different in a different place from where you used to drink. You've got a great start, not too hardcore. Kill that dragon NOW, and don't become one of the horror stories. PM me if you need anything, hon. Best of luck!!!!
              Rubes
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thanks Ruby, for reminding me about lemon juice. The juice of 1/2 in a cup of hot water, first thing in the morning. But, I'll have one now too!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone who has shared their opinion and support. Last year at this time I was working on a year and made it 13 months only to relapse again. Right now I just feel very fatigued and irritable.The fatigue makes me very nervous because it makes you feel like you have a disease (I guess we do) and vulnerable to pick up. The reason I brought up the DT's was that I went on line and one site had that your a candidate for them if you drink 6 to 8 pints of beer a day. I thought that was a little over the top but it scared the crap out of me. I have this anxiety problem and I tend to overeact sometimes to things. I know if I stay AF I am going to go through hell again and that is a real bummer. I really am alcohol dependent because if I drink those 6 or 8 pints tonite I would feel fine tomorrow. Pretty sick. I have to ingest poisen to function. Anyway, thanks and I'll try and keep posting.

Comment

jackson...go on to the live chat. I just tried it for the first time. It was a great help to get the instant feedback. AL makes us only think that we need to keep poisoning ourselves. We do not! Those pints have a lot of calories and B vitamins. Don't take anything but calcium and magnesium before going to bed. But, if you're going to stay up to post and to chat... take um all but the pints Let's just get well. I'm so blown away that you had 13 AF months!! g.

Comment

Working...
                    X