Quit Drinking For Good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thanks for posting ... thinking of all of you.
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Jigger,
      I don't know you, but you're on my list of prayers. I'm glad you posted this, because this is something that we need to see, and also for you, we're here to support and give our prayers. Take care of yourself and your family.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your horibble horrible experience -- I am speechless!!
        All the best to you and your family.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thank you to all who reposnded. I wrote this when really upset and thought maybe I sounded preachy. But I have been there. I know what it feels like to have the problem and also witness the problem from the family view. He is still on the respirator (oxygen) but, is now breathing on his own. I just think from the drinker's view it seems so harmless. I just want that buzz to help me relax, it won't go too far. I won't buy anymore tonight. Then before you know it, you've done it again and wake up at 3:00 am wondering what you siad and did and that horrible wait to see the faces of the people you may or may not have hurt the night before. Pretending like you remember. I know he started every day just needing "a couple shots" which turned into a pint and a half everyday for three weeks and missing work the entire time. Also, he has been in re-hab 4 times. One was a 30 day program - he drank the day he got out.

The emotional, physical, and financial turmoil is unbearable. I am hopeful now that although horrible, this is what it took to turn this family around. I am feeling much better myself and have enoormous resolve. I will come here to read all the posts to keep me strong and determined and I am on Campral which has worked before. I just know I don't want to put anyone through what I have witnessed. We also had a friend die 12 years ago from a alcohol "bleedout". He was 37. Because of the alcohol - your blood does not clot and it comes out any oriface. I just hope you all know that it escalates easily and what seems manageable or somewhat manageable can be lost easily and it really does has devastating results. I know you all know this. I am sorry if I sounded preachy, I am still in a bit of shock.

You guys are great people. My husband is a great guy, he hasn't surfaced in about 6 years but, I know he's there. I hope when he's better he'll be like that country song, I think it's Tim McGraw, not sure but it's "Live Like You Are Dying".

Thank you so much for your kind words - it helps so very, very much!!:thanks:

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Hi jigger, just to say that you dont sound "preachy"at all...you sound honest and worried and that you are speaking from the heart..and from a place im glad that non of my family have had to visit. When i read your first post i had tears in my eyes at the utter tradgedy of it all..i have worked in nursing for a long time and i know the damage it can do, i hope your husband comes out ok..and that this is a new chapter for you and your family...and like you say he has had another n"chance" and so have you so have we all...im not gonna waste mine..thanks for your post
            When you can look a thing in the eye,
            Acknowledge that it exists,
            Call it exactly what it is,
            And decide what role it will play in your life,
            Then my beloved,
            You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
            Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Jigger, Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for all of you.
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thanks to everyone for replying and for your prayers. I have an update.

I found out he is still on respirator but only for oxygen that he is breathing on his own and his Mom just called to say he is somewhat out of sedation and handling it so far. So I am certain he will recover - but do not know the extent of the damage.

I just hope this story helped someone. Sadly, its what it took to save me and hopefully him.

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thank you for your post, Jigger. My prayers are with you and your family. This is an important post and a very sobering reality... Thank you again.

All my love,

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Jigger, the exact same thing happened to my bro-in-law last year. He was bright yellow, in the hospital for weeks. He lost some of his physical agility/mobility but slowly, he has greatly recovered, although he has to take a ton of meds.
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Quit Drinking For Good!

Thank you this powerful post. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                      X