Under alot of stress/going to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the need to post since I am on day 9 af and have been af 22/26 days in April.had a 4 day slip but i cut down dramatically. I am under severe stress since I have to move within a week from Florida to New Jersey and I feel sooo tired and stressed from coming off the alcohol that I think maybe I should start drinking again to get me through the trip and then pick up my sobriety when I get settled down in NJ. Since I stopped drinking my anxiety level is off the wall and I cannot sleep right so I am exhausted the next day. Anticipating this trip (doing it sober) which is a 20 hour drive is really freaking me out. It should be noted I do not drink and drive and I would only be drinking (beers) when I am off the road. I am sooo alcohol dependent that the alcohol gives me my energy back so I can function the next day. Sick? I know but thats how I tick. Any advice would be appreciated.

good for you jackson you've done well you remind me of how i go about sobriety you dont seem to have a problem stopping staying and wanting to,is the question,you do what you feel comfortable with i wish you well what you feel is normal with removing alcohol so abruptly good luck on your new journey gyco

Comment

I'm sorry Jackson that you feel so stressed. Life does keep throwing it at us, doesn't it??

I understand the sleep issue, have had a lot of problems myself. I have been getting some relief in that department using melatonin products. Am currently using one called Mellodyn. It has a bunch of stuff in it.

Personally, I have found my anxiety level has really, seriously decreased since I quit. Strange, I began drinking in the first place because my anxiety level was so out of control.........

I use another product called Seredyn to help with anxiety issues. It's worked so well I only take it now every few days or when I anticipate having to deal with something stressful. Maybe you could look into these products for relief. They are herbal products, safe and both have good websites.

Just a thought, wishing you well,
      Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Jackson,

Well done on your achievements to date! :goodjob: - what struck me is your obvious understanding of yourself and your drinking habits - it's taken me a long time to get to that understanding and I finally understand that for me, restarting drinking would not be a 'to tide me over' experience, it would be a full blown back to where I started event. Only you can make the decision based on what you feel best for you, but do remember you came on this site for a reason, are obviously doing well, so is there a risk of jeapardising that?

Have you considered alternatives first? I know moving is incredibly stressful, but there are non-alcoholic remedies that can help you through anxiety/sleeplessness - is it worth trying those before jumping back on to the beer. Not knowing how much you drank etc. and how/if you suffer from withdrawal it's impossible to anticipate your needs and what's best - going through withdrawals with no sense of security or support must be even harder than normal. Stopping drinking is a life-changing decision, but it's a long-term process, not an overnight one, so keep your AF goals in sight and work out the best route for yourself.
        Good luck with the move!
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

hello need help quiting,,

Comment

Jackson - go for caffeine in the morning. Don't drink. Do a starbucks early. That will get you up for the day. Drinking makes you feel better for a short time, but will drag you down worse for the rest of the time. It will make things worse. Work on sleeping good. Work on keeping a set schedule (i.e. bedtime the same time each day). Moving will make you tired and this will help sleep. Sleep helps depression, energy, anxiety. Good luck.

Welcome Jake. We're here to help.

Comment

Working...
            X