death in the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

death in the family

Just checking in, and am so grateful for the prayers and good energy sent my way. And, it makes me sad to think of the losses we've all had in the past. I didn't drink last night, and I'm not going to today. I spoke to many family members last night, and had some very sad and one painful (short) conversation with my brother, with whom I'm estranged (yes, due to alcohol events over last 20 some years, but it finally came to a head at Christmas-another story for another time). I had a very quiet day today with a book that allowed me to escape, and now I'm going to have dinner w/ supportive husband and watch a movie (another escape). I've not even been on the computer today, which is very, very rare for me. I guess I just needed to hide away from it all for a bit (but without the alcohol).
    So, blessings back to you all. I'll check back in tomorrow.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
    Plato

Comment

death in the family

hi

Dear heart i lnow how u feel one of my hardest points in my life to keeping straight was when I got the fone call to say my Dad had been killed in a car crash.
      The emotions u are feeling are natural ... it feels like shite

Cry as u need to coz it hurts... and let urself be very human. It will pass and u have friends here to see u through

LadyOz xx

Comment

death in the family

Tu.........We are faced with problems in our lives. Sometimes multiple problems ! Just sit back, pray and ask for strength . Seek out every outlet you can for support.......MWO is one venue. ( AA, etc. is another) IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

death in the family

Well, I'm going to drive to my cousin's house tomorrow and be with her for a few days. On the plus side, that means a lot of quiet time, movies, beach drives & walks, reading...we're going to go through family pictures to pick out ones for the memorial service.
          On the con side: there is a lot of alcohol in the house. It's just going to be me and my cousin, and I can't ask her to be my guard, it'll have to come from me. I'll tell her I've stopped drinking, and she'll be supportive, but she's certainly not going to stop me if I want to open up a nice bottle of red...Just like every single other time I've ever been anywhere! My god, what a hard habit to break. I mean, the actual physical habit of opening and pouring, not just the physiological cravings.
          Just wanted to put my fears out there, so, I don't know, so they're out there!
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
          Plato

Comment

death in the family

Tumadre, will you have internet access there? If not then think of us here when the urge to crack open the bottle hits you and know that lots of support and good vibes are being sent to you.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

death in the family

Sending you love and strength, Tumadre.

Try your best to stay sober; you'll be amazed what you can accomplish when you just try your best.

May God bless you and give you strength.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

death in the family

Very sorry to hear about your loss and thank you for being brave enough to share it with us.
                thinking of you
                starta

Comment

death in the family

Very sorry for your loss. I just hope that the support here can offer you a little comfort at this time. It is so great that you came here and posted when you needed to. Thanks for find the strength to share and allow people to help as best they can from afar. YOU CAN do this AF. Remind yourself that you need to be clear thinking and well now more than ever to assist those around you that need you and to help yourself cope with this. Remember to breathe, breathe and breathe again. Crying will help to release the emotions too.

I wish you peace and comfort.

love mooo xx
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

death in the family

I am so sorry to hear of your loss - sending prayers of love and strength. You can getthrough this without AL. You will be surprised how very strong you are. Take some time for yourself and again, we are all very sorry.

Kat

Comment

death in the family

Very sorry to hear about what we all dread the most - the loss of a loved one. Prayers and hugs out to you.

Comment

death in the family

I am very sorry for your loss. Dont let this send you spiraling downward. It doesnt bring back your loved one. Sending you much love and suppport.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

death in the family

trost

Tumadre, I send you love and light

Elsaya

Comment

Working...
                          X