Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming off a two week bender

brightlite;677984 wrote: Changed

Hugs to you. Although this is an older thread, I hope you are doing much better. Abusive relationships can take so much out of you. No one deserves to be verbally, mentally or physically abused. Move on and take care of yourself.
    Thanks brightlite. The worse is behind me (I hope). I still have no motivation to clean and the hygiene aspect of things is still not where it should be, but at least I've managed to get a fair amount of AF days in. Once the meds kick in, I am hoping the depression will ease up and I'll be able to function again. I appreciate your post.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Hi changed nice to see your post. I'm 4 days af now and feeling better. Did 2 hours gardening today but still have to tackle more of the house. Been taking care of myself a bit better i shower daily and today i gave myself a mini pedicure and filed my finger nails. Yesterday and today was a bit tough i was thinking of wine but i don't want to drink as i'll slip back to square one. Best stay away from your ex he'll only hinder your recovery. I wish you the best. :l Keep in touch.

Comment

Hello changed1

So glad you found this site. It has been a godsend for me. The depression is due to the alcohol the panic is due to the alcohol. The sleepness is due to the alcohol. All this has to be broken. If some told you you were allergic to carrots would you eat them time and time again. No. this is a poison rotting our brains. So powerful as a class A drug and really personally should be a lot more controled. It is everywhere. The goverment should be shot. The only reason why they dont do a lot more is the revenue they get off the booze. Smoking is carefully monitored wonder if we can take the alcohol companies to court for the destruction and devistation to our lives? Does anyone know of any such cases? If alcohol was discovered today it would be classed as liquid heroin and would not be allowed on the shelves. Go back to the gutter Al where you belong and leaves us all free to get on with our lives. And live they way god intended

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

andaz;685864 wrote: Hello changed1

So glad you found this site. It has been a godsend for me. The depression is due to the alcohol the panic is due to the alcohol. The sleepness is due to the alcohol. All this has to be broken. If some told you you were allergic to carrots would you eat them time and time again. No. this is a poison rotting our brains. So powerful as a class A drug and really personally should be a lot more controled. It is everywhere. The goverment should be shot. The only reason why they dont do a lot more is the revenue they get off the booze. Smoking is carefully monitored wonder if we can take the alcohol companies to court for the destruction and devistation to our lives? Does anyone know of any such cases? If alcohol was discovered today it would be classed as liquid heroin and would not be allowed on the shelves. Go back to the gutter Al where you belong and leaves us all free to get on with our lives. And live they way god intended

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Thanks, andaz. I agree that alcohol is readily available and legal and this makes it a very big problem for some people, like me. I don't know if anyone has ever taken this on in court, but would be interesting. I think there is too much money in it.

It's good that you are here! Isn't MWO great? All the people here are so supportive unlike other sites where it's not always that way.

I so wish the depression would go away, but I think I'll still have this problem when I don't drink. Maybe that is bad thinking but according to my Dr. it isn't only the alcohol. I've had some psych issues when I haven't been drinking for a long period of time. Of course, the alcohol only makes things much worse.

Onward and upward for both of us, right?
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

I have some phyco issues to but never let them get better as i always used the alcohol as that crutch. But lots of people have issues, phobias, disabilities, and tragedies but don't turn to drink. I have to remember that palpatations won't kill me

a panic attack won't kill me

a dry mouth headache a few days of sweats, diarrhoea, sleepless nights,the shakes won't kill me but alcohol will

and has done to so many people. I am always terrified of the withdrawals but not I can see that it will be so worth it to have my life back

Keep on going xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:thanks:
            They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

Comment

I understand~
              :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Hi changed1 hope are feeling okay today:h

Comment

andaz;687688 wrote: Hi changed1 hope are feeling okay today:h
                  Hi AndAz. Better today and thanks for asking. I went to the Women for Sobriety meeting this a.m., then out to lunch with them, then to a SMART meeting after that. Wish I had not gone to the SMART meeting but good to know I don't want to go back.

Hope this day finds you well!
                  ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

andaz;685864 wrote: Hello changed1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Couldn't have said it better. Alcohol is poison.
                    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

andaz;686269 wrote: I have some phyco issues to but never let them get better as i always used the alcohol as that crutch. But lots of people have issues, phobias, disabilities, and tragedies but don't turn to drink. I have to remember that palpatations won't kill me

a panic attack won't kill me

a dry mouth headache a few days of sweats, diarrhoea, sleepless nights,the shakes won't kill me but alcohol will

and has done to so many people. I am always terrified of the withdrawals but not I can see that it will be so worth it to have my life back

Keep on going xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:thanks:
                      I have to keep this post in my head because I'm going through hell right now. Thank you.
                      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Working...
                      X