calling 911...end of rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colbe, I have to say I think the hospital is the place to be right now - if you are having bad chest pains or maybe have very high blood pressure. I don't know where you're at right now, but drinking or even not drinking and going cold turkey can lead to all sorts of serious stuff. If you don't want to call 911 and plan on Friday anyway, why not have a friend or family member or cab just pick you up and take you to the hospital? They have to treat you in the ER, insurance or no insurance. I know what you're going through now is Hell, as I've been there. Hugs...
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Colbe, I am so pleased you posted.
      Where is your BF is he there with you?

BIG HUGS to you today -- only one more sleep.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Colbe

I agree with Nearly Sisterless on this one. Call the ambulance for chest pains.

You are in my thoughts
        Becky

One crack at life

Comment

Hang in there-your best time in life is yet to come!

Comment

update...chest pains are still here (no I don't know what they were thinkging making me wait till Fri...) but I have already been to the er once a couple weeks ago and I am not dying. I have found (even if it's in my head) that over the counter stuff helps so I am doing that till tomorrow. I can't wait till tomorrow. I had an AA meeting scheduled for today but then I got an job interview at 3 today...very unexpected and I should get it. This will help but at least one more night of sleeplessness. Since the beer was helping the pain I did go back but I am tapering and will put the AA meeting back on for tomorrow. I already started with the night sweats so I must be doing better. I will keep checking in here with you guys until then. Hang with me guys!
            Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

So glad to hear from you, kiddo! Also glad that you're managing to cut back. I'm VERY proud of you!

Good luck with the job interview, AA, and the appointment tomorrow. Hang in here, honey... it's going to get better!

:l
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I NEED TOO STOP DRINKING AND I CANT CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Comment

Hey Raj. There is lots of help and support here. You might be best to start your own thread and you will get lots of responses and advice that way.
                  Let me know if you have and problems OK?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Raj, do you want to chat

Comment

Hi Colbe,
                      How are you doing? How are the chest pains?
                      Raj, please tell us more about you and your story. We know what you are going through.
                      Just hoping Colbe you are ok and not in pain.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Morning Colbe!! (or evening?)
                        How did the interview go -- exciting stuff 'eh?
                        Today you have your appointment --no more waiting.
                        Please check in and let us know how you get on, okay.

Raj, I hope you check back in too -- there is loads of information and support here on how to quit drinking.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Colbe .. it's Friday ... Thinking about you today. Hope you can check in and let us know how things are going.
                          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Apt in a few hours...chest is killiing me now my arms are starting to burn...what the hell is that all about?! I won't be surprised if they send back to the ER, I can't breathe. Interview =...I kicked ass even tho up against 150 resumes he received (I had to have a 6 pack BEFORE the interview just to stop the panic tho, so did not do well yesterday with drinking). no sleep again, never been so sleep deprived. i wishh someone would drive me (I am hiding the severity of all of this to my BF) I will hear about job Tuesday but I expect to get it, I was the most qualified...been in the biz for 20 years and there is no school for stuff like I know (architectural signage). just wanted to stop in and give you an update...and will do again later today. Thanks for everything guys...and take care of Raj!
                            Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Nice job on the interview. *fingers crossed* for you for both the job and the appointment today. Re. the 6 pack before the interview -- for a doc appointment I had a couple of months back, I had to do the same, just to get there without looking / feeling like a complete wreck. I did well, but she asked about my anxiety as she thought I was talking fast, and decided she should up my prescription for the Paxil that she thinks I've been taking. Oh my, is that twisted or what?

Raj.. how you doing?
                              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Colbe - if you are calling out for Drastic help (it seems that way!) --- please give us a way to help you!!

Or... don't call out for help! It's really not fair to ask for help without giving people a way to help.

We all care. When Seacailin appeared to be in a very tough spot... we all were concerned.

Please give an update.
                                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
                                X