Feeling down and would like a drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~iirene~;701581 wrote: oh dear, i had to seperate from my girl-friend.
    we got into wayyyyy 2 much trouble together.
    she went on to rehab as well as me. i used to worry
    about her and buy 'her' wine. if i only knew i was enabling.
    she never ate food or settled down after a day together.
    man, we had fun, we thought we did.
    looking back, we were a lethal combination.
    i'll always love her, yet the past is the past now.

to hell with feeling down, that can be changed.

drugs, booze and the wrong people make us sick.
    iirene, I can really relate. My GF is back on track and I'm happy for her. Me - still nursing a hangover but no AL today. I volunteered this a.m. and now have to go back out and volunteer tonight. I'd rather stay home, but I made a commitment and I won't be drinking!

I also promised my BF no more. I really don't have any chances left with him and he's put up with the AL for over three years, on and off. He says we can't get anywhere if I keep drinking and I know he's right. So, looks like today is AF. :l
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

TakeHeart;701551 wrote: Changed1...I can SOooo relate!

How are you today?

I told myself I wasn't going to drink, but am having a glass of this really sweet stuff that I don't even like the taste of! So, thankfully I think I can only tolerate one (why even one, right???).

Thoughts are with you. And tomorrow I will have a totally AF day! Want to join me?
      TakeHeart, I would love to join you in our AF free tomorrow (and for me today)! Even though a drink could fix my hangover (a wee one), I can't drink today. But we're both on for AF tomorrow, right? :l
      ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

you said earlier you take: psychotropic drugs!
        are you okay doing that plus drink?
        you read out to be a very intelligent person.
        i see no errors in your reporting.
        you seriously drink whilst on them drugs?
        isn't posting fun? god i love having a day off.

i feel more down doing NOTHING about my problems.

:welcome: to MWO, the most honest forum in the world.
        An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Changed,

First of all, my yorkie poops in the house everytime I drink a bottle of wine. On the days that I don't drink, he doesn't poop. Dogs are very sensitive and when they think you are hurting yourself, they act out.

Secondly, forget about the BF. Concentrate on yourself for now.

And lastly, you say that you have taken campral. Have you read any of the Baclofen threads. There are many that are having success being AF.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

brightlite;701600 wrote: Changed,

First of all, my yorkie poops in the house everytime I drink a bottle of wine. On the days that I don't drink, he doesn't poop. Dogs are very sensitive and when they think you are hurting yourself, they act out.

Secondly, forget about the BF. Concentrate on yourself for now.

And lastly, you say that you have taken campral. Have you read any of the Baclofen threads. There are many that are having success being AF.
            B .. lite! same. my pups know when mommy is tipping.
            they look at me weird, and ripp things up - plus poopers..
            i mean they will squeeze an M*M just to let me know.
            Yes, our dogs know when we are bad.

**pugs - they get even.

Comment

~iirene~;701595 wrote: you said earlier you take: psychotropic drugs!
              are you okay doing that plus drink?
              you read out to be a very intelligent person.
              i see no errors in your reporting.
              you seriously drink whilst on them drugs?
              isn't posting fun? god i love having a day off.

i feel more down doing NOTHING
              about my problems.

:welcome: to MWO, the most honest forum in the world.
              Hi iirene,

Yes, MWO is the most honest forum in the world! It's so great just to be real here.

I do take psychotropic drugs and know it's very bad to mix the two, but guilty as charged, so I don't know how smart I am. I am serious about stopping drinking completely though. I smoke cigarettes and these actually bother me more (just went to the pharmacy for aspirin as I felt like I was having a heart attack!) so I am going to give it an honest go to quit smoking today. If I don't smoke, I won't drink. Aye, it's hard dealing with addictions, eh?
              ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Changed ... As you already know, drinking will negate the psychotropic drugs. I used to drink on them too (I'm bipolar). I had decided ENOUGH! I would never get well mentally if I continued to drink. I did take Campral. It really helps with the cravings! I wouldn't think about drinking, and when I did, it was just fleeting. But, it did take me until I said I would do ANYTHING to get well again, and that meant not drinking. Once I gave the Campral a chance to work, it did. You won't hear too many people extolling the virtues of Campral here because of the ones that I know that really let it work, are no longer here. They have gone on with their lives.

I have now been sober for almost 9 months and can finally say that I'm getting my shit together. The meds are working and I'm able to work with my pdoc seriously about med adjustments for the bipolar.

I did have to make changes to my life to stay sober. I had to sever ties with some people in my life to ensure my well-being. It's not easy, but I knew I had to. That included breaking up with my fiancee who did nothing to help me stop drinking (even though he didn't drink much, he was definitely an enabler).

It's really up to you, but you have to decide that you will do anything to get well again. I wish you the best.

~SK
                AF since 1/2009

Comment

changed, I am so sorry to hear this!! From MWO, I know you are a STRONG person.. and you all have taught me it's okay to start day 1 again! Look at that ring and believe in yourself and your relationship.. always remember, you're not alone..

XOXOX

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Skinned Knees;701919 wrote: Changed ... As you already know, drinking will negate the psychotropic drugs. I used to drink on them too (I'm bipolar). I had decided ENOUGH! I would never get well mentally if I continued to drink. I did take Campral. It really helps with the cravings! I wouldn't think about drinking, and when I did, it was just fleeting. But, it did take me until I said I would do ANYTHING to get well again, and that meant not drinking. Once I gave the Campral a chance to work, it did. You won't hear too many people extolling the virtues of Campral here because of the ones that I know that really let it work, are no longer here. They have gone on with their lives.

I have now been sober for almost 9 months and can finally say that I'm getting my shit together. The meds are working and I'm able to work with my pdoc seriously about med adjustments for the bipolar.

I did have to make changes to my life to stay sober. I had to sever ties with some people in my life to ensure my well-being. It's not easy, but I knew I had to. That included breaking up with my fiancee who did nothing to help me stop drinking (even though he didn't drink much, he was definitely an enabler).

It's really up to you, but you have to decide that you will do anything to get well again. I wish you the best.

~SK
                    Thanks, SK. You make an interesting point about the Campral. All I've heard is that it doesn't really work so I've never really followed through on taking it, but I guess now I will. It is good to hear that it worked for you and others. Now that I have one whole whopping day under my belt I'll start taking it today. I really do want to quit. And I am bipolar too so I do understand what you went through. Thank God you have come out on the other side.

Something happened last night that really gave me pause. I went out to a ride-along with a homeless outreach team. While I've volunteered before with the homeless, last night was just shocking. I saw women just like me in this one shelter and just felt overwhelmed with a sense of "I had better get my stuff together" and soon or I too could end up there. It was very odd.

At any rate, today is another day. Thanks for your post.
                    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Hi there,
                      I worry about you mixing things - but getting a plan together might help. I can vouch for Campral - I've been taking it since June 15 and and only drink when I decide to drink, which sounds weird but when I really don't want to I take it and the cravings stop. Also going for the first 8 days AF was a good thing, and I'm currently going the 7.5 days.
                      Look forward to hearing how you are doing.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Changed1;701901 wrote: Hi iirene,

Yes, MWO is the most honest forum in the world! It's so great just to be real here.

I do take psychotropic drugs and know it's very bad to mix the two, but guilty as charged, so I don't know how smart I am. I am serious about stopping drinking completely though. I smoke cigarettes and these actually bother me more (just went to the pharmacy for aspirin as I felt like I was having a heart attack!) so I am going to give it an honest go to quit smoking today. If I don't smoke, I won't drink. Aye, it's hard dealing with addictions, eh?
                        you seem fine. are U yankin chain towards REAL people in need?

right now you know something is wrong with you.

Comment

~iirene~;702538 wrote: you seem fine. are U yankin chain towards REAL people in need?

right now you know something is wrong with you.
                          I don't understand. I am a real people in need. It's 5:55 a.m. and I'm thinking of going to get a bottle of wine as I woke up with chest pains again and now am having a stomach problem too. Just called a friend to see who his Dr. is as I called mine yesterday and he told me to go to the ER. I went for wine instead. I cannot afford the ER so I am thinking a bottle of wine might calm me down and get rid of my physical problems this a.m. Yet it's probably my two addictions that are causing the physical problems and I cannot seem to stop either. And I do believe that treating chest pains with wine IS a real problem yet it's probably what I'll do. So I am NOT fine. And no doubt anyone posting in Need Help ASAP knows they already have a problem. I'm slightly offended at the implication I am taking up space in this forum like my problem isn't urgent and important because I "seem fine" to you. And right now I don't need to feel worse as that WILL send me for more wine. And, furthermore, I think it's dangerous to accuse someone of yanking people's chains here when I just didn't mention that my Dr.. told me to go to the ER yesterday.

And no offense to you if I read your post wrong.
                          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

changed - it's very easy for people to misunderstand each other when writing...

If you're serious about quitting smoking, check out www.quitnet.com. It's a GREAT place - similar to this one... but even if you haven't quit yet, you can get Inspired!

Plus the chat on there is almost Always very busy! Good way to get your mind off addictions. And very good people there, too.

I've been quit (smoking) since Aug. 3rd - and I was VERY addicted! It can be done. And it Definitely helps with the drinking. It is SO good to get rid of those monkeys.

And one of the BIG outcomes - right from the start - is the lift you get emotionally. More self-respect, less guilt, etc. Please give it a try!

I really hope you're doing better.
                            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Changed1~

I don't think your yanking anyone's chain. It does sound as though you are in need of some help..and a hug!

Going to see a doc is probably best. Anyway you can scrape the money together?

I've never heard of a bottle of wine being prescribed to take away chest pains. Although it may temporarily give you relief, I don't think it's actually helping.

Try to get through a few days AF and not smoking. I think not smoking is what will help chest pains the most, but AL does cause anxiety and such.

You have two choices:

1) You give into the demons. You waste more money on AL and may find relief for a little bit, but eventually the buzz will wear off and you'll be right back to where you are now

2) As tough as it may be, don't drink and don't smoke!!! It is a guarantee that your body will begin to get healthier which means you WON"T be where you are right now. You'll be moving towards a better, happier life.

The choice is yours and yours alone to make.

Take your power back. Get mad at the demons within for trying to take over your life and health!

Comment

Working...
                              X