help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

Annie, I'm also praying for you - and to all the lone drinkers, that's me as well. I have no problem in modding when with friends - but it's the bottles at home that got me.
    I will fight untill I win.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

help please

Annie, sending loads of hugs and support your way. 'Just for today I will not drink':l

Comment

help please

Sending you tons of support Annie.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

help please

Hi All,
          You guys truly wonderful people.I read all these posts first thing this morning and had a really good day.Well nothing exciting or major happened i just knew i wasn't going to drink.
          In positive form and want to beat this so bad...

Oh and for the record i wasn't that much for a social life.I much preferred drinking at home alone and staggering up to bed safe in the knowledge that no-one could see me....usually taking the doors of their hinges on my way.lol

Thanks to all you guys.
          You are all in my prayers also..

This initial thread i will read every day to remind me how far i'd gone down.
          I'm slowly climbing up there!!!!

I cannot express my gratitude to you all enough...

love and big hugs
          annie
          xx
          "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
          Bring it on!

Comment

help please

Nice post, Annie! :h
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

help please

i hope things are ok! it sounds like a scary thing you went through!

Comment

help please

Hi Annie i hope all is well with you now and that your feeling better. My drinking has gotten out of control again too so i'm trying to quit for good. Its tough but i mustn't give up.

Comment

help please

anniemac;715099 wrote: Hi All,
                  I much preferred drinking at home alone and staggering up to bed safe in the knowledge that no-one could see me....usually taking the doors of their hinges on my way.lol
                  Boy can I relate. The last 10 years or so of my drinking career I preferred exactly what you described. And I felt so alone while doing it - desparate in the knowledge that alcohol was a "problem" but having no idea how to solve the problem. Little did I know I was not "alone" at all.

Congrats on a day of just knowing you won't drink. Those are precious days!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

help please

anniemac;715099 wrote: Hi All,
                    You guys truly wonderful people.I read all these posts first thing this morning and had a really good day.Well nothing exciting or major happened i just knew i wasn't going to drink.
                    In positive form and want to beat this so bad...

Oh and for the record i wasn't that much for a social life.I much preferred drinking at home alone and staggering up to bed safe in the knowledge that no-one could see me....usually taking the doors of their hinges on my way.lol

Thanks to all you guys.
                    You are all in my prayers also..

This initial thread i will read every day to remind me how far i'd gone down.
                    I'm slowly climbing up there!!!!

I cannot express my gratitude to you all enough...

love and big hugs
                    annie
                    xx
                    That's a good idea Annie, if you feel yourself wavering reread the first part of this thread...because sometimes we just forget too quickly,and you can't go back there.

xo

Comment

help please

Annie, I just read most of this thread (sorry, I am seriously falling asleep), wjen I was in detox, this woman had a seizure. It scared me, I didn't even know her and I didn't know what to do. I tried to hold her down but I am 5' and 105 lbs and she is a large woman. The nurse FINALLY came into the room and had to leave to get a shot of something. The nurse was shaking. Scary stuff. I wonder how it feels to go through something like that. After the seizure, she just kept saying "I am tired". I am afraid of seizing after what my Dr. has told me with regards to the amount I can put down.

Hope you are doing well
                      Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

help please

are the seizures related to alcohol or an underlying problem, I didn't realise alcohol may cause them, scary, even more reason to stop,hope everyone has a positive day.
                        Twitch

Comment

help please

Yes, my Dr. told me if I refused Detox NOT to stop drinking cold turkey. That is when you are in danger of seizing. He suggested I "wean" off...ah, yea, right. WhattEver.

Someone here will know more about the alcohol related seizures than I do. Can someone jump in here and explain this?
                          Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

help please

Can anyone advise? I'm in the UK and am buying baclofen online via Quality RX. Am at 160 mg (and have been at for 1 and 1/2 weeks) and prescription failed to arrive! So had no choice but to go to GP and told her all about Amiesen etc. She made the very good point: how am I to know that Quality RX is genuine baclofen? Now, I'd ordered supplies from another distant overseas supplier too and had swapped between the pill sheets, each of which was sealed, stamped baclofen 25 mg, with no change in side effects, responses between each, so that suggested to me they were at least the same thing. And then the side effects I have suggest baclofen too - all utterly familiar when reading other people's accounts. My point is, how does anyone else out there go about checking up? And, a second question: how much up should I titrate (right word?) up on baclofen ... I can only do this once a week on a Friday as I have a really demanding job and can only enjoy any privacy for somnolence/weirdness from Friday-Monday a.m. I'm really looking to get up to that AF point with baclofen. Thanks! And thanks to all of you for showing me your courage, you've kept me sane in this frightening (but life-affirming) experiment, although my nose has gone numb ... And does anyone else get night sweats on baclofen?

Comment

help please

would Baclofen help me or would I just be starting up a risk of getting addicted to thay instead of Al, I managed day4 but I know I won't do many more without a drink,can anyone advise please, I am in the UK too
                              Twitch

Comment

help please

Hi All...Colbe i'm not too experienced on seizures but i do know if i go cold turkey i will suffer one.My doc said they are rare and uncommon but i would have to be one of the luvky ones eh?
                                I was doing good at the weekend 2 glasses fri night,2 on sat nite then on sunday had a row with the other half and got drunk....
                                Spent most of yesterday in bed terrified of having a seizure but thankfully had some librium to keep me right.
                                I didn't drink y'day and not planning to today...I guess i thought the fear of seizures would be enough to wise me up but i guess not.I manage 8 days then all hell breaks loose....
                                I haven't used baclofen and im unable to order online as i don't have a credit card or debit card.
                                Tawny do you know is it available to buy elsewhere?
                                Sorry wits,i have no experience with bac so not really much help to you,i'm sure you will get the response you are looking for by someone soon...

HUgs 2 all,

Annie
                                x
                                "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                                Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                                X