starting out again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting out again

anon;714317 wrote: Well got through yesterday no problem but it is keeping the alcohol at bay for the long haul.
    Had a disturbed night sleep but each time I woke up I felt so pleased with myself. When I got up I thought I would go out for a run as usually the drink has stopped me. I ran 12 miles felt knackered at the end but so happy.
    maybe I can do it this time ---
    Sorry, I have a bit of a problem believing that a person who has been an alcoholic for 40 years can run 12 miles. Don't believe it.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

starting out again

Feel ok today. Yes I always would have said I could not be an alcoholic as I could function ok much of the time even with a headache etc. and never really had the shakes. however, at 5pm each evening I would have a desperate craving for just one drink and after that one---.
      So perhaps you are right not to believe I am an alcoholic but I do know that I have a problem with drink.
      Anyway off for a run now but not 12 miles today

Comment

starting out again

sosad61;715829 wrote: Sorry, I have a bit of a problem believing that a person who has been an alcoholic for 40 years can run 12 miles. Don't believe it.
        Probably not a very useful or supportive comment. I have brooded on it all day but realise that it is not my problem. My problem/solution is to say sober and exercise.

Comment

starting out again

Hey Anon! How are you doing today?
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

starting out again

anon, you're giving me hope! keep going. Read IrishEyes' thread about "Hurt Feelings" It's so hard not to brood on negative, non-supportive feedback. Good for you not letting it get to you!
            Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

starting out again

Good for you Anon, and as with Puddy, you are giving me hope also. It is particularly hard for me to leave anything that appears unhelpful or mean-spirited behind and not brood on it. I have great fears of just shutting down over it, disappearing. Just keep finding your way out; it can be done. It is going to be a lot more fun to run all over the place when you are not having to fight through the effects of alcohol. I had a relative who drank half a bottle of scotch every night and ran six miles every morning. I inherited his constitution. Life is lot better if you don’t push the edge so much even when you can! Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

starting out again

SoSad,i'm sorry but i don't feel you really needed to post that comment,it's not like you to be so dismissive of what others can acheive.Many of us function well in our lives although the underlying issue with al is always lurking...
                Anon,ignore posts that hurt your feelings,your accomplishments i.e running 12miles are yours and can never be taken from you.
                Lets get this al outa the way to see what else we all can acheive...

We can do whatever we put OUR minds to!!!!

hugs & prayers
                annie
                xx
                "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                Bring it on!

Comment

starting out again

Many thanks for all those positive posts. It is a shame that a negative comment can sometimes cause such distress. Anyway onward and upward and count my blessings. It is 7 45pm and I am not even interested in having a drink and just focus on the good feeling tommorrow.

Comment

starting out again

Agreed, NOT a very nice comment. But just think how far Anon will be able to run after a whole bunch of AF days. Anon will be running marathons (26.2 miles) before you know it :goodluck:
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

starting out again

Good for you anon for letting this ride out.

As you said onwards and upwards.

J xxx
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

starting out again

I'd like to apologize. You are all correct. That was rude of my and anon, more power to you if you can run 12 miles. I wish I could!

I was drinking and feeling sorry for myself. No excuse!!!! No excuse!

I start my new job tomorrow and this will be huge for me in stopping drinking entirely.

anon, again I want to apologize to you for my insensitive comments.

God Bless you all.
                        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

starting out again

Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful post.
                          I wish you all the best for the new job
                          Good luck:thanks:

Comment

starting out again

Still doing fine. I love getting up in the morning and I feel so good (and proud)but just a bit scared that if I take my eye off the ball it could all change and the craving will get the better of me. I even get a bit jumpy looking at this forum as it reminds me of my love affair with alcohol.

Comment

starting out again

Hi anon,

You have a right to be proud of yourself. You're doing great.

Complacency can be a right killer. Take your eye of the ball and before you no it the dreaded AL can sneak up and bite you on the bum.

Hugs.

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

starting out again

Well done Anon, enjoy your job Sosad.

Comment

Working...
                                X