Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it going to take?

Hi,

I would like to join the NOvembers. I understand what you are saying, Schaef, and it makes sense to be scared. I am, too. I've been tapering after an AF day which left me shaking. Now I have some support, some supplements I bought at whole foods and some discussions with my family and therapist under my belt (as well as chat). I WANT to be ready, but there is never really a good time, you know? So, now is as good as any other time. Just know you aren't alone in your quest and others are starting out too -- just like you. Your post makes me feel less afraid, because I know I am not alone in trying. All of these people believing in you (and me and others) are not misguided. I've noticed on this site that it doesn't matter to people how long you've been trying as long as you are and that makes me feel safe. Whatever your path, you are aiming where you want to go and that takes so much courage.

Be well!

Comment

What's it going to take?

I would like totry for NOvember too, bit scared about christmas, would like to have some good AF time before the booze invades the house, good luck everyone.
      Twitch

Comment

What's it going to take?

Hi All

Thanks for the post I went on a bender last night had alcohol and today feel full of anxiety and remorse and blow things out of all proportion

What advice if any on how to beat this horrible disease

DD

Comment

What's it going to take?

Schaefer,

After all that...I messed up last night. I'm still up for "Just say NOvember", at least try for the 30 days. Believe me, I know how hard it is. If you can plan on making NOvember 1 your start day and then take it a day at a time. Even if your goal is 3 days at first, or 7 days, just start with us.

Hi Drunken...there is a ton of advise on this site. If you start a new thread everyone will point you in the right direction for good advice.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

What's it going to take?

Thank you for your post lodestar...it really does help knowing I am not alone in this. tawnywitch I know what you mean about Christmas...pretty much my entire family drinks.Drunken Duncan...you are so not alone...this is a wonderful place for encouragement and support. brightlite...I really want to...I sit here typing this with shaking hands...way too much alcohol the past few days...Saturday night my husband and I got into an argument about my drinking, and I don't remember the last part of the night. So sick of myself.

Comment

What's it going to take?

Its almost NOvember .. Lets DO THIS TOGETHER :l Safety in numbers:h

I know its hard , but where theres a WILL theres a WAY .. no options , JUST DON't DRINK ! Sorry for the tough love , but , If I can do it , SO CAN YOU !!:l xoxo Em
              Non Drinker 9/09
              Non Smoker 6/09
              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

What's it going to take?

Em you are very strong and an inspiration.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

What's it going to take?

Emmy...I thank you!! I'm going to try...brightlite is right...you are so strong and have inspired me. And britelite...I'm ready if you are!! PM me anytime if you like...obviously I don't have the answers...ha...but I so do understand! Take care eveyone.

Comment

What's it going to take?

I'm far from strong , Its called "fake it til you make it " But thanks for the boost , your all an inspiration to me , I'm so glad we have eachother:h Em
                    Non Drinker 9/09
                    Non Smoker 6/09
                    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

What's it going to take?

Emmy....it takes a lot of strength to be able to do that!!! I'm glad we have each other as well...I really want to give 30 days AF a go...so encouraged by everyone who wants to try as well!

Comment

What's it going to take?

I 've screwed up big time...drank too much and fell against my wood stove...
                        parts of my arm are green and are peeling...how do I explain that to my husband...I am hopeless I think

Comment

What's it going to take?

I don't mean to sound whiny...but I've screwed up big time...no missing the marks on my hands and arm...i am losing this fight...if anyone knows what I mean I would so apppreciate hearing from you...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X