Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't do this...

Hi Schaef, Stirly an all
    Yeah the holiday seems a bit daunting, however today I wrapped my families Christmas presents sober probably for the first time in 30 years, nothing got muddled, didn't lose the scissors or tape, and felt happy for the first time in I can't remember when. I'm only 5 day af this time but I reckon if I can get over Christmas sober I will be able to look back and say if I could do it then I could do it anytime, have to say have taken the antabuse as insurance, don't trust myself at all. Lets be here for eachother and if you do decide to drink for Christmas don't feel like you have failed, tomorrow is always another day.
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I can't do this...

HI Schaef,
      Post and let us know how you are doing? I just made it thru day 2 whoo-hoo. EVerything counts. I too wrapped gifts totally sober for the first time in probably 5 years. Can't say I don't miss the taste of some white wine but I keep telling myself I can do this.
      Hangingon

Comment

I can't do this...

Way to go Molly and Hangin'!! Keep up the good work.
        Schaef - everyone is checking here to see if you're posting and if you're okay. Please let us know...Stirly
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I can't do this...

Words can't really describe how much each of your responses have meant to me...thankfully I have come out of that very dark place...even starting to get a bit of Christmas spirit...better late than never I guess! I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas.:thanks::h

Comment

I can't do this...

Happy Christmas Eve folks. Scaef you and I are pretty much in the same place. It was really black those few days ago was'nt it! Suppose Christmas is a bit scary, I'm taking antabuse cos I know from the past I'm too weak to do it on my own,( am I maybe not) I feel I'm getting braver all the time, but facing friends and making excuses I will find very difficult, don't want to 'come out' yet, not sure why, I remember years ago being at a party and a sort of middle aged guy was drinking coffee and someone told me he was an alcoholic and I looked at him as if he was a freak! I don't want to be that freak or an object of pity. The little waves of happiness are brill tho arent they? Good luck everyone and a very happy sober christmas
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I can't do this...

Just know you are not alone.

I've had a series of horrible things happen in my life in the last two days, not of my fault, but life just happens.

I'm awake at 3am, I miss my kids and grandkids. But we have to say, life is going to go on and we'd better try as hard as we can to make the best of it.
              Please try to look at the good side of things, even if they aren't there! They aren't here for me...I know that, but because of the things that have happened in my life, I can't make it worse!

Please say for this one day, just one day, I won't drink. Just one day.

May you be blessed with a Merry Christmas. Hey I don't have family any where close to where I live now, I won't see anyone I love, but I want this day to be one I won't regret forever. If we drink, that is what we have, a memory of regret.

I so hope for you, it is the day you want, whatever you choose.
              Blessings to you.

Comment

Working...
              X