Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Roberta Jewell among us?

Thank's for this site, RJ.
    I see people here everyday, from all over the world, not have a drink that day, because of the support, and comradeship they find here. Not having a drink that day, through logging on here, and reading a story, a post, in chat, or however, has saved many a life.

So thank's Roberta. xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I don't think a thread should be deleted for a few posts that are unkind. It would be nice if we stuck to the point instead of putting each other down (for those few who have done so). I prefer to think of RJ with the Wizard's Head myself.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Again, ( I know ya'll get tired of me) but I can only tell the truth as it concerns me. I come here for fellowship, support, advice, and genuine love from some of my best friends. Two years ago, I was an addled, aging, sad, dangerous to myself, woman. My family was terrified, I was lost, and lonely. MWO changed me. I don't CARE what the benefits are to RJ, I hope she makes millions!!! But all the pleading of my loved ones, the rehab, the DUI's, didn't do for me what this site has done. I'm alive again. And many others here will tell you their life has been saved here. I have made lifelong friends, and hope in some small way I've helped someone have a better day.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLgLfD3wElQ[/video]]YouTube - Kenny Chesney;Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews - I'm Alive
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;796651 wrote: Again, ( I know ya'll get tired of me) but I can only tell the truth as it concerns me. I come here for fellowship, support, advice, and genuine love from some of my best friends. Two years ago, I was an addled, aging, sad, dangerous to myself, woman. My family was terrified, I was lost, and lonely. MWO changed me. I don't CARE what the benefits are to RJ, I hope she makes millions!!! But all the pleading of my loved ones, the rehab, the DUI's, didn't do for me what this site has done. I'm alive again. And many others here will tell you their life has been saved here. I have made lifelong friends, and hope in some small way I've helped someone have a better day.
          Ruby dear, we never get tired of you. And you are so right. From what I have read here MWO has saved lives. Period.
          And you always make our day a little better with your comments...
          Stirly:h
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

(((Ruby))) You are one of the kindest hearted people on this site. How could one get tired of that? :l

Comment

Ruby, you and Guitarista (and probably others up-thread!) raise such a good point about the life saving qualities of this site for many people, and also reflecting on MWO's role in my own life and sobriety.

I don't know where I would be today had I not come across this web site. Given the trajectory I was on, it's entirely possible I would be dead by now. The My Way Out program may not fit the bill for everyone, but to my knowledge there IS no one program that is a panacea. Alcoholism is a difficult and baffling affliction.

I am just grateful this site was here for me when I needed it most.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello RJ

It's very nice to be on a thread with you.

I love what you have created. You are a pioneer for sure and when you get time, please address this...

I want to share my thoughts

1. Most people on here are very desperate and look for a leader figure.
                2. Most people on here are kind and compassionate.
                3. There are few, as you know...that need to go.

Dr. Phil..needs to go....sorry everyone that is a fan. And, sorry Dr. Phil, I feel that you have infected us. My opinion...

Just stay away!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Bright, it's wonderful to have a Democracy here, isn't it? I feel sure the Forum Moderators will take the right action. Love you all!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well this what i see that needs to happen smile we are here for a reason and a season and for today ..
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpNoxKzEEvw[/video]]YouTube - Right Now...
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Eliza, Gabby and Hart...thank you for the support. I think some interesting things came out of this thread for me. I really appreciate all the posts....even those that attacked me. My intention was not to create drama...like I need more of that in my life...work gives me more than enough!

I have kindness in my heart for everyone here. Including Kate. I barely know her....but I know inside she is a really great person....she just may be misunderstood at times.

She wanted to defend RJ....and that is great. I do not know RJ personally....and I am sure she is a great person as well. I just do not idolize her....which I think she does not want.

If she was here day in and out...that is what the board would do to her. She is putting out a great service...and doing it wisely. She was honest about her experience...and I am grateful for that. Is my path...probably not....but, that does not mean she is not allowed to discuss her life in a book.

I doubt she is making million in $$....but in her heart...she is reaping rewards that $$ could not give. That is priceless.

Comment

eace:
                        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

yikes, I didn't mean to start trouble. I am sincerely interested in knowing RJ's well-being. I see that I posted this in the wrong place (my bad) but it wasn't out of hostility. I think that she published something that has changed the way *we* view, act and be. I honor her and I don't understand the negativism. I would simply like to know that she OK and still with this site.

Comment

hopefulspirit

you didn't start trouble! we are all adults and responsible for our own actions (and posts!).

This site has been a life-saver for me as well. I still struggle with the beast, but know that I have a community of people here who "get it". RJ should be up for canonisation in my book. Anyone got good links to the Pope??!! :H:H

(hope I dont offend anyone with that remark)
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

brightlite;797044 wrote:

1. Most people on here are very desperate and look for a leader figure.

Dr. Phil..needs to go....sorry everyone that is a fan. And, sorry Dr. Phil, I feel that you have infected us.
                              Well, I didn't see Dr Phil's post, I suppose it was deleted. I didn't want to post this on the Cowgal update thread because that should be about her recovery, but I thought he was totally out of order to post details about a private conversation they had had about her medication, and what she was taking. That's her business!

And for him to continue in his rabid defence of Baclofen on a thread about someone who was in intensive care after taking that drug among others is in extremely poor taste if nothing else.

I don't know what his motives are but it's been obvious from the beginning that he is trying to attract a following here for some reason (and, sadly, he's not the only one). I wouldn't call for him to be banned because he obviously needs help too, but anyone reading this who is tempted to look for a guru - be careful!
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I, too, have noticed disturbing behavior on the threads and wonder how the site is moderated. I don't know how members get away with promoting their own business agendas (such as a new alcoholism website) and revealing private information about another member. Further, posting a link to a youtube video of oneself half-dressed referencing people at MWO and chastising members for not joining one's website seems highly inappropriate. If that wasn't enough, some member's MWO screen names were listed on the aforementioned site without consent on a "wall of fame" type thing and MWO was repeatedly referenced there making it appear as if there was some kind of endorsement.

While I agree everyone should be entitled to help and support, what if someone is not here for those reasons? I don't see the difference between this behavior and spamming/trolling behavior...well...except that it might be even more damaging to people and has greater potential to compromise the integrity of the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X