I'm in a difficult situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add I was up for 2 hours and then crashed out again. I was perscribed more valium but I dont really want to take it unless I have to. Just had a shower and feel a bit more human, just so tired.

Comment

amashed;801150 wrote: Sorry for the lack of an update. I went to hospital and although they didn?t really want to have anything to do with me (thy do not do detox) so took me in from 7pm until 4.30am when they gave me some valium and put me on a drip. At 4.30 I staggered out and got a cab home (I don?t know how I managed this). Yesterday I managed to get a to a doctors and got prescribed 2 valium.

I had to get a cab the 5 minutes walk, but I got there and then got home at 12pm. I then slept for 20 hours. Up this morning and seem to be over the worst, still tired (???) but feel like the alcohol is leaving my body now.

What a hard and disturbing time.

I feel more like myself and eating and drinking now. I know what I?ve said before but this has to be it the last drink for me, no moderating, trying to have one at Christmas ? nothing.
      Amashed, you have been to hell, and now you are coming back, remember this time well and if ever ever you are tempted, go back to the feelings you experienced here.
      I am so relieved that you are coming through this, its tough I know.
      Keep posting please, there are folk who worry about you here
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank you soo much, its been 2 days now away from alcohol and I'm still a bit sweaty and tired but the worst is over I hope. I have been speaking to a councillor today and am going to be trying to make this the last and ever time I put myself and my girlfriend through this.

I’ve managed 4 months before but it needs to be forever this time and whilst I’m not the biggest convert from what I’ve read about AA but I am not going to give myself any sort of time limit just I will not drink today. This place is absolutely wonderful and I will be checking in regularly.

x

Comment

Good for you Amashed, post your thoughts and feelings here daily,you will help yourself and also may help others.you are more than welcome to join in the army thread where you can have a laugh or join one of the other great threads that are here,goodluck,dont quit quitting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

How are you doing amashed?

Comment

Morning from down here. Day 5 and I’m sleeping properly and the pain in my lower back is subsiding (not drinking 20 beers a day seems to help that). Had a conversation last night and the GF said that she had a great weekend, and me not passing out or arguing over some stupid issue (that I wouldn’t remember in the morning) probably helped.

It really will be one day at a time but just don’t ever want to drink a drop ever again. Was just clearing out the spare room and found 6 beers I don’t remember putting there. I must have been hiding them. Being an alcoholic is bad. No more.

Comment

Amashed
                Just wanted to say congratulations on getting through the weekend. Hang in there. Things will only get better!!

Comment

amashed;802812 wrote:
                  It really will be one day at a time but just don?t ever want to drink a drop ever again. Was just clearing out the spare room and found 6 beers I don?t remember putting there. I must have been hiding them. Being an alcoholic is bad. No more.
                  On day 115 myself and STILL finding crap like that and having moments of shame. It gets much better over time. Hang in there.

Comment

amashed;802812 wrote: Morning from down here. Day 5 and I?m sleeping properly and the pain in my lower back is subsiding (not drinking 20 beers a day seems to help that). Had a conversation last night and the GF said that she had a great weekend, and me not passing out or arguing over some stupid issue (that I wouldn?t remember in the morning) probably helped.

It really will be one day at a time but just don?t ever want to drink a drop ever again. Was just clearing out the spare room and found 6 beers I don?t remember putting there. I must have been hiding them. Being an alcoholic is bad. No more.
                    Day 5? Superb!!! Already you are seeing huge benefits from your efforts. Wonderful amashed.
                    I am looking forward to hearing your next installment

Comment

Things are going OK, did a 10k walk today. After being drunk / recovering for so long this is the biggest break that I’ve had and am finding that I feel better and am thinking much more clearly. My stomach is still getting upset from eating any spicy food but I know how much damage alcohol does to the stomach lining and it’ll take some time.

I’ve already done more since stopping drinking than I did in the last month, I’ve got to remember things like this when I next have a desire for a beer. So far I’m still too scared to even think about alcohol, but its when things get better and you start to forget the bad times is when trouble starts.

GF is soo much happier and has said how much better our life is without me drinking. Its IS better and better for us and better for me. Feeling positive.

Comment

That is great to hear. Have you considered writing down some of your thoughts on the bad of AL and the good of AF in YOUR life to carry in your wallet or something? A concrete reminder that you can take out and read when the urges come? (and they will...)

Mean time, enjoy these sober days!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Awesome.

Truely awsome,

Amashed,

Love,Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Keep up the good work Amashed. You have come through the seemingly impossible part, imo. Just do it one day, one hour or one minute at a time.
                            Love and Peace,
                            Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

amashed, I am thrilled to read that you went from a 5 minute walk cab ride to walking 10k. That is just great!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Amashed.
                                Fantastic progress. So good to read! Keep up the good work!!
                                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                                X