I'm in a difficult situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amashed;806930 wrote: Heya all, more thanks than ever! Its is appreciated, really, really appreciated.

Still maintaining sobriety but the weird dreams that you have when the alcohol is leaving the body are still carrying on, but every day is a better day without drinking. At the height of my last binge I could honestly feel myself mentally slowing down and getting foggy. I didn?t like that and probably a very bad sign. But I?m thinking more clearly and despite the dreams sleeping like a log even though I?m not doing much during the day at the moment.

I was thinking that in the 13 days since I?ve had a drink there has been about 5 things that I would have used as an excuse to get drunk, but I haven?t and I don?t know why I would. I think it?s a good sign.

x
    You are getting stronger and stronger. Nice one, truly inspirational
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

OK nearly 3 weeks and not slipped yet and I don’t want to. I’m still feeling like I have a hangover some mornings but I’m hoping that will pass, I think it might be to with low blood sugar when I don’t eat. Still having some crazy dreams.

I really must have strained and stressed by body during the last binge. I have to keep remembering what I was like. I’m not feeling as strong as I would like to but I hope that will come.

I am not going to drink.

Comment

I know how you are feeling i too am in a country where i dont speak the language fluently, i am starting aa on friday as they do it in english, try and calm down and know that you are not alone in this battle

Comment

Amashed,

Excellent thread and well done. Your gf sounds supportive.

I asked about waking up feeling like I had a hangover when I wasn't drinking. It's in the General Discussion session and would have been after 25th Jan.

I am not a morning person - I hate getting up but these days I get moving far more quickly. No more headaches, no more nausea.

Keep up the good work.

Spam x

Comment

Hello everyone, I thought it was time that I gave an update. Its been four and a half weeks since I went to hospital and had my last drink. I’m still going. Its surprised me the amount of time that its taken me to feel better. At first just getting over the binge felt good, but by the second week I was wondering why I still felt so weak and tired. I really did knock myself sideways through weeks of being drunk and disturbed sleep and lack of food.

Anyway I’ve being going out less, getting lots of rest and eating better and starting to feel better for it. There have already been some tough times but I’m sticking with it. Thanks to everyone. I just need to keep it up.

Comment

Glad you feeling better amashed, and good job on your determination! It's a good idea to treat your body well, most of us were pretty hard on it for a good while.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
              X