HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!

I agree with Miss Behaving. BPleasant was beeing 100% supportive to Gumdrops. Why would she change now during these difficult times? I know she must have a reason.

P.S.
    Gumdrops, I am wishing you the very best.

Comment

HELP!!!

Doggy,

"we should all focus on just working on our own sobriety, and then supporting Gumdrops when she returns?"

You are always so right, girl! Thanks.

Comment

HELP!!!

I agree with Doggy........
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HELP!!!

The whole thing is a depressing situation for GumDrops and her family & I'm sure that it hits home with others here. Someone asking for proof, usually has some reason - maybe something has happened in the past. Anyway, I'm just glad they found Amy's mom for her and they are together . . . .I know I was concerned. I feel better knowing they found Gumdrops alive.

Comment

HELP!!!

Yes, you are right DG. Sorry.

Sorry Amy and Gumdrops too.
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

HELP!!!

Amy,
              First of all, I am glad you found your mother. I do not know her but I was very worried about her, I would not want anyone to take their life because of this demon. As for what happenned with this member, I do not know the details, nor is it any of mine or anyone else's concern but what I do know is that this forum is 99.9% good. Nobody understands what an alcoholic goes through like these people and we do not judge or discriminate. Most of us do not feel that we have any where else to turn to and this place gives us peace to know that we are not alone. Please do not discourage your mother from coming back as I truley beleive that this place offers help.

Comment

HELP!!!

Amy - I am sorry that you felt attacked. Please know that there are many people here that are sending positive energy to your Mom & you and your family right now. This is a very supportive forum and people really do care. You only have to read all the posts regarding your Mom to know that.
                My thoughts are with you.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HELP!!!

Amy,

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.. I am so sorry to hear about what she did, but glad that she was found in time.. I am sending you and your family, and of course, Gumdrops.. lots of love and support during this difficult time..

K xx
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

HELP!!!

Amy: I am so sorry about your Mom. I do hope that she makes a full recovery and can get the help she needs. It sounds like you have a very supportive family - and that is really important for her. I have been praying for her & you. I do hope that you will continue to let us know how she is doing and try to ignore posts that upset you. Most of us here feel like we are one big family and truly care about each other. Please keep in touch.
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

HELP!!!

I just had the displeasure of conversing with "Bpleasant" and I see why Amy is soo upset. She was totally rude about Gumdrop's situation on chat in front of a lot of people including me who is a complete stranger to her. She has no right talking like that about people she doesnt know and to people she doesnt know. What a disgrace to this forum which is made up of such great people... I apologize but this bothers me.

Comment

HELP!!!

Amy, wishing the best to you and your Mom. Sorry you had a bad experience with one member.
                        Don't let one apple spoil the bunch.

Winefree

Comment

HELP!!!

Hey, well wishes are a good thing. But lets remember that people are all here for help of some sort. Support can be given without bashing another member! We also work by an unwritten rule here and that is that there is no gossiping about what goes on in chat! For good reason, the full story is rarely able to be told. Posting about what is said in chat is always one persons opinion. Lets keep it civil guys and gals!

Thanks!
                          Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

HELP!!!

All - doesn't this forum have moderators in charge of monitoring various content posted here? I belong to various career oriented boards that have moderators for that reason. That way, when things get out of hand or seemingly questionable postings are made, they can be removed from the thread if necessary. Maybe that's not the way this works, but sometimes there should be some type of oversight - especially as a forum grows in size of membership. Just a thought . . . .

Comment

HELP!!!

First of all, I'd like to apologize if I caused any trouble on here....that was never my intent. I'm the only one who had access to my Mama's computer passwords and the police requested I ask for help online while they were searching for her. I posted for help on the two forums she had bookmarked and this was one of them. We read all her PM's and e-mails looking for clues. We had no idea where she might be. She simply disappeared without a word and my step-father found a suicide note on the desktop of her computer.

Secondly, I will NEVER publicly bash another member on here again and I truly apologize. If I have a problem with someone, I'll address it via private message. I'm not normally so emotion and easily provoked. Please understand that this is an extremely difficult time for our family.

Thirdly, an update of sorts. Nothing has changed....my Mama is still in the hospital, still on a vent, and still in ICU. The good news is that the EEG showed some brain activity yesterday, so there's still hope (not much, but I'll take what I can get at this point).

And last of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their support. I know I said I'd never post here again, but I was angry when I said that. I really appreciate all the support. My friends just don't know what to say to me.

If Mama is stable by Friday, I intend to officially (temporarily) withdraw from college so I can be with her.

My mother is good woman who's an alcoholic. She has always taken very good care of me. She's also extremely intelligent and absolutely gorgeous...I WISH I looked like her! Always getting hit on when we're out in public..lol...

I attend Alateen and fully understand, at least as much as I can, alcoholism. It's a disease. A disease that kills. I think alcoholics batter their inner demons enough that there's no need to fight amongst each other.

Comment

HELP!!!

WOW...what a gracious and sensitive reponse.
                                Your Mom is SO lucky to have you
                                Wishing you, your family and especially your Mom all the best, sweetie
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X