worse again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worse again

I feel so stupid...I have allowed stress to get to me and have been drinking even more, even though I don't want to be, it escalates. Nothing seems to really help...I don't want to think of myself as an alcoholic, but maybe I am...

worse again

Some one,
    Welcome to the world of everyone here. As some one that has not drank for over 50 days, I can tell you that life without Alcohol is more enjoyable than life with it. If you truly want to give it up and become happier and healthier than life with it, we can help. There are many supplements and meds talked about here that can make your transition bearable. If you want, have a look at my threads and see what MWO and baclofen have done for me.

Comment

worse again

G'Day Someone_else

If you are stressed and drinking too much, you sound like me!

You are most likely suffering Anxiety and drinking to to try and feel better..(Bollocks! AL will make you much more Anxious the next Day and make you want another drink!)

You need to see your GP and explain whats going on..

Maybe some short term meds (Diazepam) and some CBT (Looking at and changing the way you think and view things)

Or maybe an Antidepressant, like Prozac?

You need to get onto it before it consumes you..

Believe me, I have been there and I know..

Good luck you, you can sort it out but getting help, really helps

David xxx

Feel free to PM me.
      What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

worse again

I'm going to try the Oprah program for meditation...

Comment

worse again

Welcome Someone Else...
          It won't get any better if you keep on drinking so keep coming here and we will help all we can. My friend Hoping for the Best has had lots of sucess with Balcofen and I am starting to find sucess with Topamax. WE are here for you friend. There is no shame and no secrets here.....we have all been there...done that.
          David...you sound better...I have been thinking of you.
          Mama xxxxxxxxxx
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

worse again

Someone else, I can totally relate to what you are saying. I will just offer my own perspective. I resisted and avoided admitting I was an alcoholic for years. My REAL issue with facing my alcoholism was not the "label" that so many people talk about. It was the realization that alcoholics CANNOT safely drink, and there for the only "solution" would be to stop drinking.

I didn't want to stop drinking.

So I prolonged the misery for a very long time.

Much to my amazement, finally accepting that I am an alcohlic who cannot drink safely, ever, was the beginning of my freedom from it. Once I stopped tryng to figure out how to control the uncontrollable, the air started to clear.

Getting sober isn't easy, but it's by far the best thing I've done in a very long time. My "stress" wasn't my problem. My alcohol addiction was my problem.

Only you can know what's true for you. I can only relay my own experience with the topic at hand.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

worse again

Someone else, only you can make the decision about your drinking. I have been around this site for about 4 years (?) or something, and have had 3 drinking days out of the last 200. Let me tell you, not drinking is much better for me.
              Like many here, I had to decide that I can't drink like "normal" people.
              Accepting that has brought me freedom.
              Keep coming back.
              Love and Peace,
              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
              X