I don't think I'm going to make it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I need help but I have a son that will leave for the Marines in few months and my youngest is in Jr high and I feel like such a failure. I cant leave home right now

We use alcohol as a crutch. We easily forget or ignore that it deprives us of the ability to meet challenges, and also deprives us of the ability to overcome them.

To stop drinking during a time of adversity means you are battling a two-front war. But it's do-able. If you can just get some traction, the challenges of daily life are easier to meet.

Comment

Mya,

I agree with Boss.man, yes you have some challenges in your life right now and I know you must be exhausted with all the emotions you are experiencing ~ as Boss said meeting the challenges are manageable when you are sober, drinking makes things worse and then it takes days to get back to the moment you are in now!!! Mya, my son is currently not talking to me and has moved out of my house and back with his father because of my drinking ~please don't go there Mya, you can do this without AL. don't give that bastard AL the pleasure of sucking you in.... Be strong. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you...

~DB
      Day 6 Sober

Comment

i mya you will be fine day six great i was there once life is full of ups and downs i never ever thought i would get to were i am today i put my last drink down 15 yrs ago i was surfing and found this sight and just started to read a few threds and it brought back a few memories so i thought i would sigh up may be be a ble to help afew people along the way its not easy but it can be done since i have been sober i have had to deal with a lot of new experiences which at the time seems hard i ended up loosing the family home through bankrupcy that was very hard felt a big failure i had responceibility of four peoples lives which changed overnight but today i have faith which as got stronger over the yrs you have been given a new life and it will work out if you deep down want it just keep moving forward and believe in yourself and your higher power if you have one you have to do this for yourself no one else and you can good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hi mya,failure,not,youve made 2 fine sons,we come here to try to relate to our addiction,one of the nicest things ive found over the last couple of years is,coming here and letting feelings out , to people who no what i am feeling,theyve had the same feelings,even if its not about Al.children going to war,teens rebelling,husbands moving out or wifes,sometimes in life it isnt easy to move on,i do wish you well gyco

Comment

Hi Mya--

Are you worried about leaving to go to rehab? Maybe MWO can help. I would never consider rehab because I didn't want to leave my sons, or job, or tell the public I had a problem. This program has helped me get sober without going to rehab.
            Your post reminded me of a friend whose drinking escalated when her son went to Iraq. She died a year after he got home from acute liver failure.
            Do what you need to do, this disease does kill.
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Mya, I feel for what you are going through. I read your post earlier today and it really make think. I have also been through some tough changes in the last two years especailly (although I don't have a son in the military) It made me realize that one of my sons will be leaving for college in 2 years, the other one is autistic and I have a completely different relationship with him.

I started thinking about how many evenings in the last 16 years I missed by "going to sleep early", "not feeling well", "can't take you anywhere, don't feel like it". I felt a great loss for all of the missed opportunities and wasted time due to my drinking. I was in tears at the store today.

I have managed to maintain a good relationship with my son, in spite of myself. He doesn't have a good relationship with my husband however, which makes me scared that once he leaves, he'll be gone for good. I think daughters are different, they are closer to their mothers (I've always wished for a girl)

Your post strengthened my resolve to make the next 2 years as wonderful as possible and to be available to talk and to do things. Of course that can't be done unless I keep up being sober. I know it's supposed to get better, but I'm just so sad about what's been lost (and not only with my children) I'm not normally a "positive" person, but I am trying.

Comment

Mya, If getting sober at home isn't working, I hope you consider doing whatever it takes - even if that is rehab. I doubt that anyone ever thinks it's a convenient time to go. Don't let AL keep sucking the life right out of you one day at a time. If your family can't do without you for a short time to stop drinking, how are they going to cope with the alternatives?

Strength and hope to you,
                DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for responses.
                  I know I have to do this or it will kill me.

Comment

Mya are you thinking of rehab? That is SO much better than letting AL take your life! Is there anything we can do to help you?

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I can't go to rehab, I live in a small town and there isn't one close by.
                      The first time I found this site I went AF for 7 months, and that is the reason I decided to come back.
                      Thank you so much for caring and I have some topa I bought a few months ago which I am going to start tonight and will start vitamins, etc..
                      The first few days just suck, but I have to get through this.

Comment

Stay close to us mya and take it moment by moment choosing not to drink. Have you written down a plan? What you will do all day? What you will do when urges strike? AL kicked my ass. I gladly make sobriety my #1 priority each and every day. I put effort into my sobriety every day. For me, it's working and I have my life back. Your plan may end up being far different from my own plan. I think the bottom line is being willing to do whatever it takes to stop the madness - even if that means doing stuff you don't think you want to do. As retteacher often says, I was willing to go to any length to drink. I need to be willing to work at least that hard at getting / staying sober.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html

Others have contributed their sobriety plans as well. Hope that helps you out in making your own.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Stick with it Mya. C'mon, kick some al ass!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Doggygirl;836599 wrote: Mya, If getting sober at home isn't working, I hope you consider doing whatever it takes - even if that is rehab. I doubt that anyone ever thinks it's a convenient time to go. Don't let AL keep sucking the life right out of you one day at a time. If your family can't do without you for a short time to stop drinking, how are they going to cope with the alternatives?

Strength and hope to you,
                            DG
                            MYA,

I know you say it isn't an option because you live in a small town, etc.

But I want you to truly "hear" what DG is saying. She is saying the "alternative" is you die.

Can they cope with that? Is that how you want to leave this life? I do not think so.

Hang in there, do whatever it takes, and lets get sober together. I am fighting this battle with you. I have "quit" so many times it isn't even funny. It is sad. Very sad.

People tell me I am a "good person" but I don't believe it anymore. I am simply a drunk.

Let's fight our way out of this hell.

At least it is hell for me. Real hell. My life is not my own anymore. Who does this addiction think he/she is? Am I going to let them win?

Not if I have another breath in this body and another day to get sober.

Do not give up. Ever.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks Cindi

Comment

Working...
                              X