Need Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!!

And thank you Rusty, DG, K9, Patrice and the rest for your replies! I do get some relief posting and reading here. I just wish I could get to where you guys are at!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Need Help!!!

Hi Red - You can get to wherever you want with sobriety. I'm 36 days AF this time. I've had periods of several months AF in the past. I would then try to moderate and every time, fail. So I'm in for the long haul this time. Sobriety can't fix everything in our lives, but it can give us the clarity to fix quite a bit. So I want you to give it all you've got, because we help each other here. You are as strong as anyone here. I had doubts too, but there was always someone to lift me up, or give me a nudge when i needed it.

The support and encouragement I've experienced since joining MWO has been outstanding. So please keep trying, keep posting. We want to hear more about you and what you plan is. My story is in the my story forum if you care to look. John
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Need Help!!!

Hi Red. I know I felt a lot better and more hopeful just by sharing some of my deepest concerns with other people who are just like me when it comes to alcohol problems. I hope you feel like at least a little of the weight is starting to lift. We are not all exactly alike, but you will be amazed as you begin to discover how much we all have in common. Many of us are overcoming deep insecurities, mistrust in other people, lack of experience / ability to function in healthy relationships, and on and on and on. For many of us (me for sure!) I tried to use alcohol to solve these problems. That of course, didn't work any better for me than it's working for you.

Each of us have to find our own way to sobriety and what works for one does not work for all. For me, following the My Way Out program as outlined in the book (with the exception of the prescription drugs) + the support of this forum is what helped me stop drinking. Almost a year and a half ago, I also started going to AA (something I SWORE I would NEVER do) and the face to face support along with the 12 steps are helping me learn how to live.

I love my sober life. I was ready to commit suicide at the end of my drinking career. Sobriety changes lives and it can change yours too. If I can do it, so can you.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Need Help!!!

red,
          I think many of us have had sleepless nights when we stopped AL. The body is sensing a BIG difference and trying to find some balance again. someone (sorry folks, I don't remember who) suggested to me a website called Om Meditation (if that isn't exactly right, google it and you will find it.) On this website, there are free meditation podcasts, one of which is Falling Asleep (and another is Addiction). Anyway, I listened to this meditation on headphones hooked to my IPhone every night and it soooo helped me, that I have kept on listening to it every night. Never let it be said that I don't have an addictive personality!
          Just a suggestion but I found it very relaxing. Even if you can not sleep, at least you can relax and get some rest. Your body will thank you for giving up the AL even if you are not sleeping like a log in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
          X