Desperate For Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate For Help

Ok this is very hard for me but I honestly am desperate for help and don?t know where to turn? and I?m hoping that someone may have some knowledge of the following situation?.

My sister is a crack addict! I feel so helpless, so lost and so worried!! She is struggling sooooo much and I feel like there is nothing we can do! She called me last night in a panic because she was so high she didn?t know what to do with herself then she starts crying and becomes almost hysterical.

SHE WANTS AND NEEDS HELP!! But there are waiting lists for treatment centers? She?s supposed to go in September but God knows what can happen from now until then! My mom called the ambulance a few weeks ago and she was taken to the hospital where she begged and pleaded for help but all they did was send her home with phone numbers.

I live in Alberta she lives in Ontario and I feel like this is a nightmare! It?s getting worst day by day and I cant stand sitting back and watching her die!! My poor parents are at there whit?s end and have no clue what to do with themselves anymore?

I really don?t know what I?m asking, maybe I?m just venting! Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

Desperate For Help

Needhelp - I'm so sorry you are going through this and I don't really know what to suggest other than offer you my support. What about the nos. the hospital gave? It's worth ringing them all, I don't know the system in Canada but there must be voluntary help associations run by ex addict who could at least talk to your sister and be able to understand what she is going through. What about your local Dr? Is he able to have any influence on her getting into rehab quicker? Sorry I cant be more help, hopefully some other members will have more ideas.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Desperate For Help

Did she or anyone call the phone numbers she was given? Could she come stay with you? It's good that she wants the help. As we all know, no one can be helped who doesn't want to be helped.

Thankfully, I don't have personal experience with crack!!

[Whoops, Chill & I posted at same time - but phoning the numbers was the first thing I thought of, too.]
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Desperate For Help

Oh sweetie, that must be awful ........... unfortunately I dont have any knowledge of drugs ..........

Does she have medical insurance??? like chill says use the numbers that they gave her .........

Sorry I cant be more help .......... but im sure that people with more experience or knowledge will be along soon ............xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Desperate For Help

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words!!

I just feel terrible!! She has gone to meetings and she was doing really well but I guess she ended up hooking up with some people that werent as ready as she was and she was back to using again.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I just want her to get better.

Comment

Desperate For Help

Where in Ontario is she - I'm from Ontario - maybe I can help find something for her. Has she gone to her doctor? Does she have any medical insurance through work?
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

Desperate For Help

suggestion

Hi,
              I read your post and created an account to send you a suggestion. Am a new user and I thought the post went through but it is not showing up, so you may get it twice..

The problem sounds very much like ontario. I was also depserate for help a moth ago and
              1. was sent to a detox place that was full, 2. was sent home with pills that made me worse, and 3, was given an appointment in a month.
              I found a place on the internet which is about an hour south-west of Montreal. Lots of people from toronto and there is a person from BC here as well. It is a small place and many of the people here are dealing with drug problems. It is not a 12 step approach but aw n holistic one. The only glith is that it is not covered by OHIP as far as I know. I do not know what your situation is in terms of insurance and finances. I know there is space right now because 3 people finished their stay.

Here is the contact web site : www sogriety ca (not letting me put in links, so put the dots in or rearch on heritage home rehab

Comment

Working...
              X