Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't start my Day 1..

Hi Audrey
    I remember you from a few weeks ago, i think we started at the same time AF, you were out with your daughter, do i remember this correctly??
    Just to let you know that you did this AF before and you can do it again, your in my thoughts

Comment

I can't start my Day 1..

[QUOTE=Audrey14;933544]Hi KTAB and havefaith!!!

Did my yoga session..The worst which i ever had..Palpitation, sweating (ok here is hot too..)

Audrey, your poor wee lamb, palpitation, sweating, headache, sleeplessness and anxiety are all withdrawal symptoms... I just clenched my teeth, tried to remember to breathe, held myself very tight and experienced every hideous second so I would remember it and never want to go there again. It took about three days but it passed.

I'm happy that i still didn't gain weight but actually when i have such drinking periods i have no flat abdomen anymore...Thankfully other parts are still slim

You scare me. I'd bet my bottom dollar you have been or are dealing with the added nightmare of an eating disorder. 8 years ago I was a daily heavy drinker (around 2 bottles of wine a day) and my weight dropped to 36 kilograms. It was a re-appearance of annorexia I'd dealt with (I thought) in my 20s.
      Your brain needs nourishment to function effectively, and if you're out to beat AL you need all your faculties about you. Food is very, very important. I am not actively annorexic at the moment, but when I'm on a binge it's very difficult to eat (I usually don't). Once I'm over the worst of the hangover I really have to force myself to start eating again. Try "Up and Go" breakfast drinks, Sustagen, even ice-cream...I go through about 4 litres a week and still maintain my girlish figure...to get yourself eating again.
      Alcoholism and an eating disorder is a heavy load, but it's not impossible to carry. You are a lot younger than I am, and I wish I could go back to when my daughters were little and have the tools and support you'll have on MWO.
      I will always have alcoholism and annorexia, but I don't have to be actively engaged with either.
      My very best wishes and PM me if you like.
      :l Mish :h
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I can't start my Day 1..

Audrey - first I have to say that it's very brave of you to quit that bar job; you knew it wasn't the right place for you to be. That shows you still have a sense of Self-Worth, which is probably the most important quality to have when trying to improve one's life. (I'm struggling with that right now.)

I've also been without work for a long while. (I did finally get a job this past March, but I can't say it's very fulfilling...)

Make yourself a first goal of getting a decent resume together. It's very hard to look for a job without one! Then you can look on Craig's List, Monster or wherever and easily apply for jobs. It sounds like you have a network of people - let them know you're looking. Nowadays, so many people are off work. There's no shame in it. Most people have gone through it at one time or another.

That will give you some objectives. I think without having any goals, it's easy to sink into a bottle.

I just now saw your post about getting medical help. That's important to do, too.

GOOD LUCK!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
        X