Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Drinking First Month of Pregnancy

Hi Sunny,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy and try not to worry. The world is full of people whose parents drank at the start of pregnancy and nearly all of them are fine. My problem with alcohol was so bad that I didn't manage to stop during any of my 4 pregnancies, I'm not proud of it but that is how is was and my kids are fine I'll always wonder if they would be different if I hadn't had any alcohol but they are what they are, bright and mischevious! At the start of my 4th it didn't occur to me that I was pregnant, I just thought I was hungover for days and kept trying the hair of the dog to get rid of it! I spent time on here then, in 2007 and got loads of support and stopped feeling so alone, check out my old posts.
    I hope you manage to quit completely but if you don't remember that a lot of the damage that is done by alcohol is caused by destruction of nutrients so taking supplements of basic vits and mins esp. B complex will help protect your baby from the alcohol. Eat well and drink lots of water. If you can cut down on caffeine you break the stimulant/relaxant trap and are less likely to want to drink.
    Good luck
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Heavy Drinking First Month of Pregnancy

Congrats to your baby!!! talk to him!!! i hope everything will be ok!!! as i read ali posts.. i had my pregnancy 18 years ago so at this time i didn't have any addiction problem... but you know sometimes you're perfect and anyway there are some problems... So, your little angel deserve love and peace and he'll get it!!!
      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Working...
      X