oh fuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh fuck

Anybody else find glutamine make them even more mental than they might otherwise be? Totally wired, saying things I don't mean and going to any lengths to be alone. Just want to drown myself in a vat of wine. Anybody out there feeling the same way?

oh fuck

Do you need someone to chat with Soakie?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

oh fuck

L-Glut does not have that effect. However stopping drinking does.

Comment

oh fuck

Hi, that's simply not true. Glutamine is defined as an excitatory amino. It is undoubtedly a stimulant though it has long term potential as a GABA precursor for calm. Thanks k9 for your support.

Comment

oh fuck

Soakie, :welcome:

I started L-Glutamine about 36 days ago and have not had any side effects. My cravings have decreased considerably. Maybe it affects people differently but I haven't ever seen a post by anyone to that effect. Every post here I've seen says that it has helped with cravings.

Here's something I pulled off the web:

L Glutamine Side Effects

The good news is, there appears to be no adverse L glutamine side effects. Glutamine occurs naturally in the body so it’s a safe supplement to take. You may, however, experience an upset stomach if you take excessive amounts of L glutamine so stick with the recommended doses.

Hope you get it figured out. In the meantime, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Choochie

Comment

oh fuck

Soakie,
            I don't think I've ever met you before, so welcome. Is there anything you need to talk about to get you through the cravings?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

oh fuck

hi soak,anything you injest into the bod,will giv you change,always good to read instructions i,wish you well gyco

Comment

oh fuck

Hi, thanks everyone... stopped the l-Glut and feel much calmer. Sure it doesn't have that effect on everyone but it made me manic. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Apparently, it can work both ways- can make GABA which actually helps sleep, relaxation etc but can also be converted into glutamic acid, which is a stimulant.

May call upon you all later in my journey.... hope you're all doing well this freezing wednesday morning.

Sx

Comment

oh fuck

G'day Soakie,

Just on the off chance, your L-Glut isn't from a body/muscle building store is it? If so, i wonder if it also has caffeine in it, like some body building supps? Anyway, sounds like you're doing your research and glad to hear you feel better now. Get regular water into you, and don't forget yer https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

oh fuck

I buy bodybuilding L-glut and it's never had caffeine in, usually caffeine is added to 'performance' supplements or dieting aids. Would be unusual for it to be in glutamine per se unless as part of a 'diet' mix.

Comment

oh fuck

:h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

oh fuck

Soakie,

How much are you taking and in what form? What part of the world are you from? I know alot about suppliments in general and may be able to help you with the one you bought. Do you know the manufacturer?

Comment

oh fuck

I know that some meds which would normally be given for their sedative effect (ie: for children) can on certain individuals do the exact opposite. Maybe its the same with the Glutamine???

Comment

oh fuck

Soakie;1000345 wrote: Anybody else find glutamine make them even more mental than they might otherwise be? Totally wired, saying things I don't mean and going to any lengths to be alone. Just want to drown myself in a vat of wine. Anybody out there feeling the same way?
                            Hmmm glutamine really did help me when i took it, i only relapsed when i stopped taking it.

Comment

oh fuck

ChickenNumber3;1000968 wrote: I know that some meds which would normally be given for their sedative effect (ie: for children) can on certain individuals do the exact opposite. Maybe its the same with the Glutamine???
                              Glutamine is a food suppliment and all it does is make your stomache feel full, it really should not affect your mood in any way unless you just going dry drunk while taking it.

Comment

Working...
                              X