Brain storming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain storming

Yes, I know I may seem like a pest lately, but I can`t seem to help it...........I apologise.

Please, run all your ideas for severe anxiety/depression by me again, non-addictive meds included (despite my being rather phobic of them)........I`d like to have a list of suggestions here all in one place for me to seriously consider.

I want to feel better NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Brain storming

Good morning, Star. I'm truly sorry you are having such a rough go of it right now. The holidays can be extremely difficult. Someone also recommended St. Johns Wort but I found Sam-e works better for me. I know one thing that really helps me with depression is exercise. It's hard to force myself to exercise when I am depressed but I find if I talk myself into getting outside or going to the gym for just 5 minutes once I'm there I ususally stay longer.

Hope you are able to turn things around for yourself and know you jwill be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cucks

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Starlight. You're not a pest. Just someone seeking help and good for you on asking for it. This is the link to your former thread when you asked for the anti-depressant ideas. Hope this helps and that others who didn't post then, if they have some good advice, will post again. Best of luck...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f79/help-am-crisis-46933.html
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Brain storming

Thanks Cucks, stirly,
        I`d just like a list here of recommendations I can read at a glance, if that`s O.K.

Thanks,

Star x

Comment

Brain storming

Keeping busy works for me Star, even if it's just reading a book or playing chess.
          Anything that takes my mind off myself.

Comment

Brain storming

Stuff that helped me with panic attacks:

Effexor PubMed Health - Venlafaxine
            Internal Family Systems therapy Center for Self Leadership, IFS Therapy Training (Official Site)
            Self-Hypnosis Help Stop Fears Phobias And Anxieties: Self Hypnosis That Works
            EMDR therapy A Brief Description of EMDR - EMDR Institute, Inc.
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Brain storming

Star,

Cut and paste what you want to preserve from the old thread to a word document and save it to your computer.

How long have you been AF and how long were on benzo's and how long have you been off of them?

Comment

Brain storming

Star is thick........really.......don`t know how to cut and paste.

I think keeping busy would help, but am so inadvertently self-absorbed in all of this......find it`s an enormous effort to do anything at all.

Star x

Comment

Brain storming

Hey Star, Calmes Forte is a natural supplement to ease anxiety. Distraction -- wash the dishes, clean, cook, exercise, praying, sleeping/resting -- helps. Forcing yourself to think past anxiety-provoking, heavy thoughts also works for me. Think about what makes you feel good now. Imagine/think good things. Don't focus on the anxiety. It will pass. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Love, j
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Starlight,
                    I've had severe anxiety and depression for over 25 years. It has been quite debilitating for me. I went to a doctor earlier this year (a new doc, have been to several therapists and docs over the years). I had been researching anxiety and meds for a long time. From time to time, I visit the Social Anxiety Support Forum. I found that beta-blockers help anxiety. I took the info. to my doctor and he prescribed this for me. It's a time-release beta blocker and it reduces adrenaline associated with anxiety. It has worked wonders for me. He had started me off on 25 mg but bumped it up to 50 when I wasn't getting much from the 25. It's nonaddictive. In addition to that, I order Seredyn online. It helps so much with my anxiety. It's a perfect formula for me. So these two things have helped me greatly in my quest to reduce my anxiety symptoms. Hope this helps you.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Star,

I understand your severe anxiety. There is no better prescription than exercise. Go out for a vigorous walk, get your heart rate up ever so slightly. Meditation is good too. If you combine them you have Yoga which is probably one of the best anti-anxiety activities you can do. Keeps you busy and focused too! Good Luck.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Brain storming

Great Stuff Sheri

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Star,
                          I mentioned in the previous thread that I had panic attacks which almost led to agoraphobia many years ago. What worked for me at the time was bio-feedback. I'm not sure where you might find anyone who administers it, but perhaps if you "google" it you can find some answers.

Good Luck,

R2C
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                          :h

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Starlight,

Rx Lexapro did not help my anxiety, depression & panic so I kept drinking. Then I found an herbal product called Amoryn. It did the trick for me with no side effects & I was able to quit drinking!!!!!

AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Brain storming

Hi Starlight. There are a couple of books by Julia Ross that address the brain chemistry of addiction / depression / anxiety. You might want to give one of them a read.

Amazon.com: The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today (9780142003640): Julia Ross: Books

Amazon.com: The Diet Cure (9780140286526): Julia Ross: Books

I started a protocol designed from her Diet Cure book about a week ago and I feel good. "even." I'm glad I'm doing it even though supplements cost money.

All the best to you Star. I hope you get things figured out.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X