Back again and feeling awful!

You can you can you can Dodo!
    Its not easy but its doable
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Maritiusdodo

I'm with you there. Been lurking for about a year. All you guys have been hugely instrumental in my progress (cannot convey my thanks) and I thought I was getting everything under control and now ....................... aaarghhhhhhh !

Feel like I need a huge mallet to hammer AL ideas into my head this morning !

"Formal" greetings to you and sending hugs of support and sympathy !

Comment

mauritiusdodo;1102441 wrote: OK I am just hopeless, I really really want to quit but I just can't
        Look at your own quote "If at first you dont succseed then try and try again" You can choose to quit or choose to fail. It is JUST a choice and one that is doable,

Comment

You are not hopeless you are the same as us and many of us have stopped, start again you can do it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Never give up giving up. I had a friend here who told me that after two years of sobriety. He was killed by a drunk driver. Karma? No. What happens when we give up.

To give up is to die.

Seriously.

You can you can you can as the squirrel says.

Get your mind out of the hopeless mindset.

You can you can you can. :l:l

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Like cindi says NEVER quit.
              Keep tryin and tryin. I tried for two years and was unhappy with my progress. Now i am happy. x
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

The way I look at it is if I can do this, I can do ANYTHING !! How empowering is THAT!! After my 30 days is done, I will give myself other challenges. This one is difficult, but doable. Everything else will be a piece of cake. Today is the first day of the rest of your life !! Your SUCCESSFUL life. You can do it and so can the rest of us. All the best. Tips.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

You can do this keep posting and listen to the good folk here, they are wonderful.

Comment

You can You can You can

YOU WILL YOU WILL YOU WILL :h:h

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents in and agree with everyone's advice as well....YOU CAN YOU CAN!!!! My experience has been that your thinking will start to be alittle bit more positive once you have a few days clear headed and it won't seem like a "lost cause" to stop. TRY to stop your negative thinking and really try to do whatever it takes to get yourself there. I do, however understand your feelings of hopelessness but please try to change your way of thinking to "I can do, I can do", you would be surprise how it really does turn around.

You are in my thoughts and prayers....stay strong and know that you have ALOT of support here at MWO.

Hugs,
                      Janet
                      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Hi dodo!!

As others say - don't give up on yourself!!!!
                        I'm trying for 1 year and everytime it gets better and better..
                        The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                        /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hi Mauritius,

Like everyone says you CAN do this.
                          Make it your ONLY priority.
                          No matter what, dont drink AL. Try it for 30 days, one day at a time, and then take a step back and see do you want to continue, my guess you will.

No matter how hard it gets, you are only taking one month out of you life. Get to the 30 days, and you will look at things differently .

But you HAVE to put the work in. Its very bloody difficult at times, but cmon, give it your all and start straight away. Stick close to this site.
                          I recommend what Softy has done, a weekly blog, or daily if you wish and have time.

Good luck.

Damo in Dublin
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Mauri my friend,

Please believe me - I never thought I could either but I am and I can keep going. Set your goal for 30 days - may seem just about impossible right now but you can do it - I know you can. We have all been where you are right now - another day 1. Please stick close and lean on us for support - each and every one of us needs support - this battle isn't an easy one but you can do it Mauri!

Thinking and praying for you friend.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

ONE DAY AT A TIME my friend...one hour at a time....shoot for 30, but at first it's ONE DAY AT A TIME....hold onto that...it helps me.
                              I recently started attending AA out of desperation and frustration and have really come to rely on it.....just a thought.
                              We are here.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X