• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have called

Edited

I have called

I'M BEING HONEST-AA
    THAT'S THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS!
    STAY HERE WITH US, WE'LL GIVE YOU SOME GOOD THERAPY......

Comment

I have called

Edited

Comment

I have called

Sunflower, where are you located? i am not able to do AA either, please seek other options, there are non profit places out there that can help, dont give up! I would say hang around here but if you have called 10 rehab places today then maybe you need something now, check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wal-13412.html link and please stay on and keep us informed, theres a ton of love here!
        Say, Mr. Fields, I read in the paper where you consumed two quarts of liquor a day. What would your father think about that?
        WC: He'd think I was a sissy.

Comment

I have called

Where are you Sunflower?
          I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

I have called

Edited

Comment

I have called

Hi Sunflower,

Why don't you give AA a try? Hell, you have nothing to lose. I know you said you feel like drinking in AA, but is that just the anxiety of going?

Just about everything was an excuse for me to drink - any feeling I felt uncomfortable with. But in the end after trying all sorts of things, I went to AA. And, I felt REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE going there!!! But I was warmly welcomed.

Give it a go - look for the similarities between you and the other people at the meetings. Don't worry about the Steps or programme, just go along and get support.

I was filled with anxiety when I went to my first dozen or so meetings, but I just kept on going back and in the end it stuck.
              I am over a year sober. It worked for me, and I had tried baclofen, topamax, antabuse etc.
              The support I have gained in AA is quite amazing and I have found it an incredible journey so far. Not easy all the time, but a thousand times better than spending my life focused on the bottle.

Let us know how you get on Sunflower.
              All the best

Amelia x
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I have called

Sunflower,
                I had a girlfriend who worked for a Very well known Rehab for 5 yrs.(think VH1)
                So I got the inside story of how Rehabs really work(No Money, No Help).
                And alot of these Rehabs work exactly the same way. You could be in their program for weeks or even months, getting treatment, and once the money stops-Time for you to Go!
                I know its really SAD, but it's the way it goes....
                So if you don't like AA(which I'm not a big fan of either),
                Please seek out sites like this(there is plenty of support on these boards). It has definately helped me!

Comment

I have called

TheSunFlower;1146340 wrote: at least 10 rehab places that will not take me due to insurance.....where does one go from here?
                  That sucks!

Without knowing your personal situation (but having been VERY concerned for you in chat).
                  What i would do. First find someone you can trust to help you out over 5 days. Get valium for 5 days on a scale down dose to avoid the withdrawal, this is from a doctor and the other person is just to watch over you in a caring way. Start taking Campral fromday one because it takes time to kick in.
                  Lifestyle changes are going to be needed....but I don't know yours and cannot say anaything.

I am just so uplifted that you are here still.

Love and all the care I can send to you

Willow
                  " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I have called

Edited

Comment

I have called

How you doing Sunflower? x
                      ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

I have called

TheSunFlower;1147934 wrote: I am ok and making it on my own. Thank you to everyone who responded. I find myself a bit angry at the system...I asked for help. How many reach out for help and get shut down like I did? I understand that rehab's are a business...and nothing short of that. I doubt I could go into a rehab and take them seriously. So in a way I am glad that they would not take me. I would have come out of there.....drinking......so thank you for saving me thousands of dollars.
                        The system really sucks, doesn't it? Glad to hear that you're doing okay.

Comment

I have called

Sunflower - you are right that rehabs are a business. That is just a fact. One of the nice things about My Way Out, AA, SMARTRecovery, Women for Sobriety and others is that they are FREE. You don't have to try to go it alone. There is free support available through these and other programs. They are not inpatient treatment, but they are free support, and places to find tools to help you get sober and build a better life.

AA doesn't make me want to drink. The idea of rehab doesn't make me want to drink. But my addiction sure makes me want to drink sometimes. I hope you can re-direct the frustration with the "system" to find a sobriety program that you can grab onto.

Best wishes!
                          DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I have called

Sun--I would be furious at the system too--it just reeks-- last week my husband needed to go to an orthopod for a leg injury. He had gone to this doctor before and they had done surgery for his sports injury. He thought he has re-inured the same place so he needed to go in. In the meantime he has changed jobs so the insurance they have on file was not good-- but we do have insurance. I got a call from the doc's office, they left a message-- it was they tried to run the insurance but it had lapsed and not to bother (their exact words) to come if there was no insurance- they did not accept self payment! Not even a facade of them thinking that maybe there was just an innocnet explanation but straight to don't come! The relationship between physicians and insurance in this country is just rotten in my opinion. It is when we are at our weakest and most damaged that we need the medical community to help-- and often that is just not the case. I wish you well-- you can do this and think of the satisfaction you will feel when you have found your way out.

Comment

I have called

How are you doing SunFlower? Are you still holding on? Thinking of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X