Been Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been Arrested

mario, lil, mom and mama bear, thank you for your replies, big wake up call all right, will read toolbox etc, i may spend evening reading, i also bought some books on al addication.

today is actually the first day i have not drank since it happened. i just really wanted to block out the horrer of it all but this is day 1 and i will post regularly,

best wishes
    x

Comment

Been Arrested

Rose, good for you on taking some positive steps for your recovery. The fact that you are making today an AF one is the best news of all. :l You can do this!!! Don't let AL lie to you.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Been Arrested

try reading Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking"...it maybe a useful tool
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Been Arrested

Check out the toolbox thread in the monthly abstinence section too. Lots of great information here.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Been Arrested

You should have said no you were not driving the car. They have to observe you! With that said you could have avoided your legal troubles. But yes it was a wake up call, but it really just compounds your problem, you could have quit without all the legal problems that are going to come your way.

Comment

Been Arrested

I surely understand, Rose. I got an OUI on May 23, and my life has been totally impacted by it. Finally got to court on August 1--attorney would have had me go on August 29 had I not insisted on going earlier. I didn't even know that your loss of license time doesn't include the time you've been without it since the OUI. Went to rehab for two weeks, and it was great for me. Lost my license for 45 days, which means I'd be getting in back in two weeks. However, the OUI was in another state and I had to do an alcohol ed class last weekend in this state (which is much stricter) for $585, and I was apparently the only "alcoholic'" in the group. Instructor's recommendation, which is offical, is that I go six more months wthout my license! I lost my job, as I was in sales and coulidn't drive, so work close to home now, but my husband has to drive me. I just wanted to be able to drive to and from work and into town, which is far enough that I cannot walk. I am meeting with my alcohol counselor (who is also a friend through AA) tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do--such as daily urine test--to get my license back. I understand the seriousness of my crime, have spent many sleeepness nights over it, but I learned my lesson and want to move on. I have spent at least $10,000 (including rehab, which we had to pay for ourselves) and know the insurance will cost another $1,000. Weekly counselor meetings are $60.00.
              I hope that you don't have to go four years without your license!
              Keep posting and keep working on your sobriety. I will be praying for you!
              Step, I'll send you a PM soon.
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Been Arrested

Hi Rose,

I just wanted to share with you that your situation could easily be any one of us here... You just got caught. And that is a Blessing in disguse! As the previous posts have mentioned, you could have hurt yourself or others. Your neighbor did the right thing, she may have saved your life..

I am headed to court at 0930 AM to be there to support my 25 year old social drinker daughter who got pulled over after 2 drinks. Of course she should not have been driving, but she got caught... my point is that it happens .... I think that the outcome of this will make a tremendous difference in your life. Embarrassment is a fleeting emotion, Shame is a healing emotion. ...

You will get through this and we are here to support you!

-db

Comment

Been Arrested

thanks three and disco- i am still trying to come to terms with it but i am beginning to think that maybe it was a blessing in disguise. i have been in deniel for so long about the extent of my drinking and this has really shook me and woke me up.
                  i faced the neighbourhood today to drop my children to school- it wasn't really as bad as i thought but still...
                  i am going to my first aa meeting on monday- i dont know if that will be for me, but i need to explore options now because hoping and wanting and reading about this problem is not going to solve it for me.
                  anyway guys- court date is sep 21st but it will be adjorned till after christmas- according to my legal person.
                  will let you know-
                  thanks again for your support

Comment

Been Arrested

RWT, I am glad no one got hurt and all, and I feel terrible for you. But do remember, that everyone there is a person and has their own issues. It isn't easy being a human, we all have our struggles. Just because your's might be out there doesn't mean you are the only one. Even the smug ones, especially the smug ones! have issues.
                    good for you for making this a positive and going to meetings!

Comment

Been Arrested

Oh Rose .... I'm late into this thread but nevertheless feel for you and the words that have already quoted "there but for the grace of God go I". That doesn't help you I know but you're not the first and you won't be the last. I think you've taken the first brave step and that's facing the neighbourhood. This is something you had to do and it must have taken a lot of courage - as I type I can almost feel the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. The second brave step you are taking on Monday - good luck hun. Have you been able to talk to anybody at home about this? If you've got somebody who can be there with a strong cup of tea or coffee when you come back just to give you a hug then the old saying of "a problem shared is a problem halved" ....
                      Also, are you in Eire or UK? Just wondering if you are in Eire could you get Baclofen over the counter?
                      Lots of love and don't beat yourself up - what's done is done x

Comment

Been Arrested

rosewiththorns;1172127 wrote: ...i am still trying to come to terms with it but i am beginning to think that maybe it was a blessing in disguise....

i am going to my first aa meeting on monday- i dont know if that will be for me, but i need to explore options now because hoping and wanting and reading about this problem is not going to solve it for me.....
                        Rose, as you mentioned yourself, this may be the turning point that you needed. When events like this happen, it opens a window of opportunity for us to make a change in our life. However, that window doesn't stay open for very long, and if we don't make that leap the pain can start to fade, and our brains have a chance to convince us that it wasn't really that bad.

I know that for me a dui helped turn the tables, as I truly needed a kick in the pants to make me realize what I stood to lose. I would encourage you to go to AA with an open mind, as the comaraderie and support truly can be amazing...

Best of luck to you!
                        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Been Arrested

OH, thorney rose. I truley believe everything happens for a reason and I am at rock bottom myself. Believe me, many understanding, loving and supportive people that can help you reach your goals. This is a good place for closet alcoholics. The shame of the neighbors knowing....uuuhhgg.... horror...... I get it..... but people are more forgiving and supportive than you realize ...... damn trust issues for me. People sometimes amaze me when they reach for my friendship...I am a loner..... I know they must know enerything about me....they hang with me for whathever reason, as does this website. As my real father, also functional alcoholic, always told me.... "I am here for you no matter what, I love you." That always made me want to do better. I wanted to make him proud. Anyway off on my own tangent. Why the name rose with thorns?

Comment

Been Arrested

i have to say first of all, the amount of support here is truly amazing. there has been some questions from you guys which i want to answer briefley ok?
                            some people asked where i am from- am from half hour from dublin, have 3 beatiful children and a husband who obviously has the patience of a saint! the guilt....
                            rose with thorns comes from- (as described) as a lovely person/friend/best person to have around,the thorn is my split personality with drink! beautiful but dont come to close (am talking about a rose)!
                            rosey i hope i answered your question about the rose x
                            aath- we will all only survive if it gets so bad in our own personal lives, your at rock bottom-i feel like i am rock bottom- so where is the only place to go eh! i dont want to stay here, do you?

Comment

Been Arrested

I know Catherine Howard of Henry VIII ilk was his "rose without a thorn" (or so he thought..)! The thorn is just this insidious drinking-- I know you can get it under control. Guilt was really ahuge motivator in my attempt to get better with the booze-- but later it turned to just wantingto do it for me-- and that made it actually stick better-- good luck-- you are still a lovely person Rose-- don't let the sadness over drink make you think otherwise!

Comment

Been Arrested

Rosewthorns

I hope that you hold your head high and prove to yourself, your family, and your neighbors that you are capable of living a beautiful, AF life.

Sometimes it takes this much pain to motivate us to change.

I am happy to hear that you have a loving and supportive family. This will be very very helpful.

M3
                                AF Since April 20, 2008
                                4 Years!!!
                                :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X