Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilt

:new:
    so I am looking for some assistance since I find myself too many times drinking too much and waking up with such guilt feelings. I can easily drink a bottle of wine by my self. I usually do at least once a week when socializing (not alone) but the amount of one bottle is what I drink. I end up drinking then sleeping and waking up the next day not knowing why I dont know how to stop at one glass - always have a urge that I must finish the bottle or have another drink or finish my husbands drink - he really does not drink at all. The next day I make a promise to stop drinking altogether but it never happens. I really like a glass of wine but hate the fact that I have no idea how to keep it to one. In all other areas I am in control like to be in control and enjoy keeping to the rules etc but when it comes to wine I am just a different person with no limits. And the worst is I get up the next morning wondering why and feeling really depressed and disgusted at myself. I am not an alcoholic or am I? Apart from the fact that I hate myself - all my attempts at losing a few kilos is being held up by my alcohol input. I also find myself driving when I shouldn't all in all a big mess .. any ideas how to break this habit - I dont care if I never drink again - I want to be normal .....

Guilt

Hi MJ - welcome to the site.:welcome:

I don't like labels, so I won't say whether you're an alcoholic or not. The truth is that you can't control your drinking and you think that's a problem. I agree! I can't control mine either.

This is a wonderful place to get caring support and no judgement. Hop over to the Newbie's Nest and introduce yourself. That's the best place to start. There are a whole bunch of people just starting out and many others who have been exactly where you are and have changed their lives. Go back a few pages and read up to get to know everyone. We can help each other get healthy.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Guilt

we would love to see you in One Step at Time too, MLJ
      find a spot where you are comfy and start reading and chatting
      we are ALL in the same place swetie...some further a long in their journey than others
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Guilt

thanks - took the courage and made a statement in the one step at a time ... only hope I can keep my promise ... today is the day ....

Comment

Working...
        X