anybody awake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody awake?

just drinking and don't want to be alone, anybody up?
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

anybody awake?

Im up, and alone, whats up buddy
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

anybody awake?

i tried quitting, managed 3 days, ahven't been sober in a week and am worse than ever, i just don't want to be alone with how i feel anymore.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

anybody awake?

Me either - time for a change.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

anybody awake?

i tried change, i need help

Comment

anybody awake?

me too - I ordered AB but from an online pharmacy so it takes ages to get here - over 2 weeks so far and counting.

What sort of help are you wanting Inchy??
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

anybody awake?

I'm worse than ever, too. I started drinking at 5 AM this morning. Tell me about you and how you are feeling.

Comment

anybody awake?

Well chainy...there is a multitude of options. What works for one may or may not work for another.

Maybe its time to start exploring treatments, supplements, programs......etc etc.
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

anybody awake?

do you know of any local support groups you could go to for some camraderie and help?
                  10-06-2012

Comment

anybody awake?

hi chains its kinda funny , sad and the list goes on,what to say to someone thats struggling,i use to come on here b4 and just let my hands write away,44 years ive been doing this drink thing,and 4 weeks ago today, i stopped again,for me its not stopping, its staying stopped and understanding why i should,imagine all those years and just a few simple words,JUST DONT TAKE THE 1ST DRINK, harder to do then say ? i know,theres a lot of Help sources out there,youve found one,theres lots of different formats on here,one just has to choose the rite one,remember theres always a good reason to have a drink, but is there a good reason not to ?i wish you well Chains

Comment

anybody awake?

Oh Inchy :l I'm so sorry. I wish our time difference wasn't so great, I feel like I'm never here when you need me. :upset:
                      Can you go to the doctor and be really honest about your situation? I may have asked that before and I'm sorry if I did. And if you don't like the first doctor, keep looking until you find one you do like. You never have to "settle" when it comes to your health. If that is not an option, what else can you do...can your Fiancee do something to help you? Stay with you more often, or can you go to where he is?
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

anybody awake?

InChains;1493633 wrote: i tried quitting, managed 3 days, ahven't been sober in a week and am worse than ever, i just don't want to be alone with how i feel anymore.
                        Hi In Chains - I know how you feel. Even with the support of all these great people on MWO I was out of my depth and didn't know how to handle it and wanted some face to face help - but couldn't face the thought of turning up to AA.

I also live in the UK and struggled to get the support I needed because things have changed here. First, your doctor probably won't help you - alcohol and smoking related issues tend not to be dealt with by GPs in the UK anymore (I found this out much to my frustration - having finally plucked up the courage to see my Dr to be told, 'sorry we only deal with primary care nowadays) - however, I was given the contact details of a fantastic organisation which can help and works in association with my county's health authority.

Depending on which health authority you live under - there will almost certainly be an organisation which CAN help you too - and it's all free (funded under the NHS).

It's nothing scary. I rang up and was given an appointment. The councellor I saw initially was really helpful and we met several times to chat about what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to try Campral and / or Antabuse, so she arranged an appointment for me with a doctor who could and would prescribe them. I now see her every couple of weeks to talk about how I'm getting on - she's never pushy and is completely supportive. If I want to ring her to chat, I can. If I can't make a meeting with her, that's fine too. If I wanted to (and I don't at the moment) there are regular support group meetings which I could go along to (maybe in the future - we'll see).

The turning point for me has been Antabuse. For the first time I have the ability to stay AF and with each day I don't drink I'm feeling stronger and the cravings are getting weaker.

If you want, I will ask my councellor what the nearest organisation offering similar help is near to you. Pm me roughly which area you live in and I will find out for you.

Hang on in there - live IS going to get better - and there is so much more to life than alcohol. :l
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

anybody awake?

Hope my doctor will help

Just found this site and finished reading the MWO book. Really want to moderate my drinking. Right now I drink a bottle of sparking wine or other while cooking dinner after work. My 15 year old best doggie passed away lat week, so I am really sad and in mourning. But I was doing this before she died. Don't know if my doctor will prescribe Topamax and don't know who or what org. to go to for moderation help.

Comment

anybody awake?

Hello Cleansed and welcome. Hang around here, there is loads of support. Your best place is the Newbies Nest so come over and say hi to everyone (you'll be warmly welcomed and invited to snuggle up!)

In my post above I'm only speaking about the UK - from what I've heard, doctors in the US are able to be a lot more supportive in alcohol related issues. I'm sure someone else here will be able to advise and point you in the right direction.

Snap x
                            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

anybody awake?

Hi Cleansed!!

I'm happy you've found us. You should head over to the Newbies Nest for lots of support and advice. There are people in ALL stages of recovery there. I am SOOOO sorry about your doggie. I have a beloved 14 year old that is in declining health as well :upset: I can barely stand the thought...

Please keep posting and reading. I look forward to getting to know you!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X