can't sleep and hate people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but i'm going through withdrawal after a 2 week bender. I find i hate other people, but i know i don't. It makes me feel sick (that i could hate other people). They're all good people, i just think i'm alone. I'm 24 and i don't approach women because i'm an alcoholic and they deserve better.:upset:
    I sometimes think it's because of girls cheating while drunk, i'm sort of old fashioned, and even when on benders i would never do a one night stand, i don't judge other people and i'm sorry if i sound negative . Just to mention, i would never cheat on my partner or treat her badly. I need some positive support to take me through this withdrawal and help
    I'm sorry if i sound like an idiot.

Hi Entity and welcome you have arrived at a good place. You sound as if you want to stop AL and that is the first step. I find i have very little tolerance for people, some more than others but i dont hate them as it is such a strong word. Maybe you want to vent on others about your problem with AL so that it makes you feel better. I have done the same as withdrawing is not easy at all.

You dont sound like an idiot at all, you sound as if you are at the end of your tether and that is why you are here.

I am up to day 17 and I never thought i would do day one AF. I am not saying it is easy but the benefits outweigh the continuous drinking of AL. My biggest hurdle and still is is that i know i cannot drink again so I take one day at a time. I am an alcoholic plain and simple.

You are 24 and have so much to live for and give and have. Try and do Day 1 and it does all seem better without AL in your system.

Stay positive and try the newbies nest and have a read as there are lots of people in the same situation.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Entity - I think anyone going through alcohol withdrawal is probably not going to like people a whole lot. And sometimes...people are a pain even if you're not going through anything at all.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself just yet. Like Available said, vent and try not drinking. I'm only 14 days sober myself but I will say that my tolerance level of other people has increased with each passing day.

Good luck to you!!

Comment

Entity, hang in there. You sound like my son as far as girls are concerned. He also doesn't go for one night stands and it seems like an awful lot of girls now want them. Opposite of what it was like when I was younger. He would like a real relationship and It worries me about him that this may want to make him self medicate. I tell him and I will tell you that alcohol doesn't help a damn thing..... It makes every problem worse and creates new ones on top of your old ones. I wish I would have known in my twenties what I am just starting to learn now. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Stay close and good luck to you.

Comment

Hello Entity hope your are feeling better.

Man .. dont let it get to you. I am the Most easy going guy that you could ever meet. I hardly ever get mad or angry with people...I mean you would really have to Try to piss me off. I think it was day 3 or 4 I was driving around and just about everyone was pissing me off. You know road rage kinda thing but not As bad. Point being is it was the furthest away from how I normally am. For me It was just a part of my path of sobriety..I have seen just about every emotion I can fathom in only 7 days. If your anything like me you might find going from angry to sad to ultra happy .. just freaking bouncing all over the board. You just have to let it go..recognize as you have that its not YOU .. its just part and parcel of the whole withdrawal thing.

Dont sweat the small stuff...and its ALL small stuff when your going through this kinda deal.

Peace

Dave
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

available, thank you, it feels good to know that there are good people out there. I don't vent against people. i just think mean/bad thoughts in my head and i don't want to hurt people, mentally or bodily. Knowing you can't drink under special holidays is extremely hard. I will read through some posts in the newbie section but it's hard seeing other people with the same affliction hurt.

Sake123 thanks for the words, i feel like i have gotten some more out of my system now, i try to eat healthy and get vitamins to refuel my system.

looking for peace, thank you. I'm just out for a real relationship, if you don't emotionally love the person, i just don't think you should do it. It's all about real love and like your son, i do feel the need to self medicate when i think about it. I'm an old fashioned guy love wise.

Gambler. Thanks Dave, i'm going through the whole thing, from ultra happy to sad, angry and depressed.
            Same here, i'm not an angry guy or violent guy, i don't get pissed off easily as well, i nod to people when i buy groceries and let people with a few items before me in the line. I just try to be nice

Thank you all for the help and i'd love some replies

Comment

Oh...and I have to say I wouldn't label you as "Old fashion" you have Morales and values. The world would be a better place if there were more guys (and girls) out there like you!

Comment

Sake123;1558358 wrote: Oh...and I have to say I wouldn't label you as "Old fashion" you have Morales and values. The world would be a better place if there were more guys (and girls) out there like you!
                Thank you, i needed that and appreciate it. You're a nice person :thanks:

Comment

Welcome Entity! It is so hard the first few weeks, I remember it all too well. I was a bitch on wheels. Had to learn to chill out - I have three kids - "Mommy is being a bitch because she can't have her nightly bottle of wine" was not a good excuse! Stay close and post alot and read read read! I have been here a long time. Went 11 months AL free, then blew it....it was harder than hell starting again. I did not drink a ton either, but enough where I certainly missed it. I am just over 200 days now and still have to fight the stupid thoughts. I am wishing you much luck in the booze departemnt and the love department. Both can be such a pain in the butt! You can do this! This place is a lifesaver, seriously!

Your friend, Waggy
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Entity

Just wanted to say something.

Alcoholism often ends up with person doing things they swore blind they'd never do. You say you've never be unfaithful drunk, all I can say is that it's one of those 'nevers' which often do come true if you carry on drinking (my never was drink driving, I have and always have had a low opinion of drivers under the influence and I flippin' did it eventually much to my utmost disgust).

So all I can say is it's good you are getting sober, worry about the relationship thing much, much later, for now concentrate on you and being at peace with yourself and the world in a sober state.
                    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Waggy, i wish you all of the best whishes i could. I thank you for all the help. And you sound like a good mother but with a problem, as myself :l

Ukblonde, i share your view, i would never drive drunk and feel the same. I appreciate all the help you give me. :upset:

Comment

be strong friend
                        I drove drunk cause I thought I was sober and spent a night in jail and it cost me lots...money, dignity, family issues....etc
                        and I NEVER thought I would.....
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1558454 wrote: be strong friend
                          I drove drunk cause I thought I was sober and spent a night in jail and it cost me lots...money, dignity, family issues....etc
                          and I NEVER thought I would.....
                          I understand, i feel like i lost the respect of my family, since i once admitted to the problem while drunk and drank whisky the next day. :upset:

Comment

How is it going Ent? Family are a funny lot really, I would expect support and help off them if you have admitted it. I think it means you are asking for help and need it. My son (24) came home with an ICE addiction in March of this year. He was nearly suicidal and i was so worried I would be burying him. He has been ICE free since he came home to me and i figure if he can get off ICE god i can get off AL. I am so very proud of my boy and I have told my 4 children i am an alcoholic and they are such a wealth of support to me.

Prove your family that you can beat AL but most of all do it for yourself!
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

available;1558879 wrote: How is it going Ent? Family are a funny lot really, I would expect support and help off them if you have admitted it. I think it means you are asking for help and need it. My son (24) came home with an ICE addiction in March of this year. He was nearly suicidal and i was so worried I would be burying him. He has been ICE free since he came home to me and i figure if he can get off ICE god i can get off AL. I am so very proud of my boy and I have told my 4 children i am an alcoholic and they are such a wealth of support to me.

Prove your family that you can beat AL but most of all do it for yourself!
                              Wow, is that crystal meth?

If so flippin heck!
                              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                              X