K
    Sobriety is its own reward

Need help!

Hi Kairos:l

What's up? Where are you? I can talk you out of this:l
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Need help!

Great job on posting...let's think this through

08-13-15

Comment

Need help!

I'm at home and feeling really strong withdrawals at the moment.
        To make it worse I seem to have upset a couple of people and I feel crap about it.
        I know I just want to drink to numb out but the urges are bad.

Comment

Need help!

Remember that most cravings last only minutes. WALK AWAY from it. Go to another room and think. Do you really want to start over? Breath deeply..10 times in a row. Slowly and with each breath, remember WHY you are doing this. Booze is a liar, a cheat and a no good bastard.

You can do this! And bravo for posting!! Keep talking! Keep breathing and just don't pick up that glass.

Comment

Need help!

ok...so you pissed off some people. You can always make up for that later. Get something that will help calm you. A good cup of tea ( I know that sounds insane but it could help). Write a list of all the reasons it would be stupid to drink. Then try to come up with 3 sound reasons to drink. Bet you can't.

Comment

Need help!

Listen to Sake, Kairos! Put as much distance between you and the booze as you can...the booze will do NOTHING to help the situation with the couple folks you may or may not have upset...and since it's been 8 days since you drank, it doesn't seem likely that you are having any bad physical withdrawals...right?

08-13-15

Comment

Need help!

Kairos, you can stay away from the booze if you focus on just putting it off one more day. Tell yourself that, just for today, only today, you will wait it out and not drink. This moment, this day is all that matters. Stay strong for yourself, your loved ones, your future and your sense of accomplishment. Imagine waking up tomorrow knowing that you got through today as tough as it was. Hoping to hear from you soon. xxx
                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Need help!

WHat's there to EAT in the house? If not much than can you get in the car and drive...just drive with the radio blasting, windows up...?

I made a HUGE Mistake yesterday as well...wanted Definately to numb out LAST NIGHT...
                  But I Ate 2 big Helpings of chicken SOup...Was VERY stuffed. Then I got on the couch with the Ipad (here) and tuned into Netflix The 4400....
                  When I awoke this morning I can not tell you how fricken RELIEVED I was that I did not drink...That crappy guilt on top of the other crappy guilt would have been CRUSHING...

Hugs to you.

:h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Need help!

I hope you are working on that list, Kairos...My list from the last time I drank would look like this...
                    It was stupid to drink because I:
                    got into a bad argument with my daughter
                    left the house (driving) and could have caused an accident
                    went out in public, where I should not have been
                    couldn't remember parts of the evening
                    disappointed my daughter and worried my husband
                    My 3 sound reasons reasons for drinking??? Sake’s correct…There were none!!
                    Like Sober soul says- just make it through this day- the next few minutes even….Remember- a craving never lasts as long as a hangover!!!
                    Stay Strong, Kairos!

08-13-15

Comment

Need help!

Thanks guys. I think I'm over it for now.
                      Sake, your strong words helped!
                      But I want to thank everyone for your support.
                      You have no idea how it's helping just knowing folk care enough about whether you
                      drink or not.
                      And you're right Starfish. There are no good reasons.
                      Kairos

Comment

Need help!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
                        That's the way to work it!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Need help!

We are so lucky to have this forum! A person posted yesterday who had gone to a 60 day rehab and remained sober for a number of months but then started drinking again for the next 11 months.

It occurred to me that since we don't have to be in a specific place for a finite time period when we get off AL using MWO, it can always be available to us to use just as Kairos so brilliantly just did!

I'm so glad you made it past this hurdle, Kairos! :l

Comment

Need help!

I'm so glad you made it past this hurdle, Kairos!
                            It probably won't be the last time I need help but I hope I'll be wise enough to right back and ask for it right here- because for me it's always in the unguarded moments. But anyway, one hurdle at a time and thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X