No announcement yet.

I am a horrible person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove, we were all at Day 1, some of us through many day 1's. There's not much more that I can add to the great advice already given, just remember as Sam said, your "want" to quit drinking has to far outweigh your "need" to quit drinking or this journey will be tougher than it needs to be. Hang in there my friend, we're all here for you!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm gonna piggyback on everyone's advice to you. Get yourself sorted out first. You've got to do the work to be sober, and it can be done! And your life can and will be better. Believe what these people are telling you. They know what they're talking about.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thank you all. You are all so supportive. My girlfriend says she will work on forgiving me but is worried she will be scared I will do it again. I don't know how to take that fear away from her.

Comment

It sounds like you are very important to her and she doesn't want to loose you either if she is willing to stick around. I guess my question is are you willing to ditch the booze to keep her? And more importantly get yourself strait? It's wonderful to have love as a motivation, but at the end of the day it's important that you recognize how during a black out you are still responsible for your actions so... The only way to not black out is.... Not to drink. If you continue to drink odds are you will black out and do this again or worse. Talk can be pretty cheap when you continue to drink.
          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

good straightforward advice here and it's pretty obvious what you have to do. The alcoholic voice is trying to win you over but if you listen to that you will loose your girlfriend and that may not be all. I don't usually like to invoke fear but you have to take action and change you life around. But still at the end of the day it's up to you. We can help and we have had to work bloody hard to quit. It's really worth it and you have so much to gain here.

Comment

i can only reiterate what folks have said on here...yep I wanted the magic cure ..whoosh thats it.. stopped drinking job done ..and I was just like all the other long termers on here...but it didnt work like that ...what you need is determination ..support ,strategy friendship..and a massive dose of it aint gonna beat me...mix it all together ...and it works definitely..so go for it..you have nothing to lose..but much to gain:thumbsup:
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Only stopping drinking will stop this from repeating, regaining trust will take time, and patience, but it is all possible.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Hello everyone, cyberphonehacker gmail com is the best out here. He helped me hack my cheating wife phone. she was supposed to be in Canada working but instead she was cheating on me. Kindly tell him Walter reffered you to him. He'd help

Comment

Originally posted by walter230 View Post
                    Hello everyone, cyberphonehacker gmail com is the best out here. He helped me hack my cheating wife phone. she was supposed to be in Canada working but instead she was cheating on me. Kindly tell him Walter reffered you to him. He'd help
                    what the hell??
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yeah, second thread of mine today to be hacked...I feel like 'walter' has way more problems than a cheating wife if he would actually pay a company to invade her privacy like that...just sayin.

Comment

That is funny dove.. When threads get hacked I sometimes laugh out loud literally. We are all spilling our hearts and souls out and someone ridiculous just posts the most crazy inappropriate garbage... I dunno... Why I find it comical. I guess because it's absolutely obscured.
                        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by doveagain View Post
                          Yeah, second thread of mine today to be hacked...I feel like 'walter' has way more problems than a cheating wife if he would actually pay a company to invade her privacy like that...just sayin.
                          It's not just you...these obnoxious posts are popping up everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                            Many of us were or are in the same boat, those of us who quit at one time or another had to make a choice. That's what it boils down to, then the work begins and actually once you are sober for awhile, a person can find it ain't that bad not feeling like shit physically and mentally. Stick with us, read, and post. We're here for you if you want to work on getting sober.
                            Exactly this.

For me, that first night was the hardest. I had to really focus on other tasks because my natural inclination was to run out and buy alcohol. I cleaned the house like CRAZY that first night! When I got to the end of the day and went to bed, I felt the first glimmers of victory. The following evenings became incrementally less difficult.

I don't know where you stand on AA, but meetings are a great distraction in the evenings, plus you're with like minded people who know what you're going through.

If you want to regain your girlfriend's trust, quitting the drink would go a long ways in helping your case.

Comment

Working...
                            X