Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs Tips From an Experienced Withdrawer - Help ASAP

Hi All.

I've had problems with alcohol since 2000-2005 -due to life issues. last 6-7 years i've detox via GP , in hospital and tapering. Last time i had a "binge" was a year ago , I had a few wines at xmas but always managed just to wake up the following day and just get on with it. Saturday i had decided to drink all the alcohol in the house 4 wines i had to go on a fitness spree so i wasn;t tempted in Spring time. I got a nasty email - over the weekend so added to that with a vodka 1 tr from shop. Didn't think it mattered as I've withdrawn from far less binges. To cut a long story short now I'm "withdrawing" as I am "drunk". First time in my life I've ever had this. To give you an example when I lay down I'm halluncining which prevous withdrawals has taught me as "I,m need to have a few more sips". But I'm not acting myself and the postman noticed this morining I was falling all over the place.
    For family reasons I can't do a hospital /GP detox this time. I think it's to do with low something is that sodium,potassium , magnesium , calcium, sugar.
    Botttom line is I'm withdrawing when I'm still drunk anyone had this before?
    Last edited by TonyDD; January 13, 2016, 11:29 AM.

Low Electrolytes and Dehydration causing hullucinations feeling much better now.

Comment

t- glad to hear it- hang in there! lex

Comment

I would get this everytime I drank toward the end,withdraw while drunk and no amount of alcohol would help
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
          I would get this everytime I drank toward the end,withdraw while drunk and no amount of alcohol would help
          for me, that would be a HUGE incentive to stay AF!

Comment

you can get powdered gatorade to keep in your bunker food storage which is handy in situations like this or the old berrocas

Id like to edit this after a year on this site . Have found that glucose in gatorade like supps (Staminade) I'm using id Aus has caused me panic attacks while trying to quit in first few days
            Last edited by Neo; February 12, 2017, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X