Smoking weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking weed

My boyfriends smoking weed habit is annoying me. He uses it to start his day, to get through lunch and to go to sleep at night. But sometimes, he would get really high. Weed has now become a priority for him. He just thinks that smoking weed has many health benefits. What can I do to bring him back to normal? Will any addiction treatment centre in Toronto help for this? While browsing, I found many rehab sites like the Bellwood health centre. But I am confused on whether they can be trusted. I also want to know whether these centres cover insurance for the treatment. Please share.

FDavis -thank you for posting.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do to make your boyfriend return to what you consider "normal". He will have to decide for himself that he is out of control and on a downward spiral. Until then, you can only try to support him in using less, or in trying to help him understand that you will be there for him when he feels enough pain to want to get help. Please try and understand that his love and caring for you has nothing to do with his intake of cannabis. Instead, please understand that his use thereof is an altered brain chemistry and that his brain sees cannabis as his way of existing -much like food and/or water is to everyone.

If you are truly tired of his personality and you truly want him to get help, then you have to tell him how you feel and what his actions are doing to you. For your sake and his, you may have to tell him you need some you time to better understand what is going on. This does not mean that you have to tell him goodbye forever, etc.; instead, you are telling him that what he is doing to himself is unbearable to you and your love for him. There is a chance that if he realizes you must move on with your life unless he gets help, he will reach out for help.

I wish you peace and help as you try to help your boy friend.

--sf--
    Last edited by Spiritfree; February 10, 2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Freddy,

I was in a similar situation with my now wife in college. She could not do anything to control what I did, and it just kept creating a wedge in our relationship. Using cannabis, like any drug, is not a problem unless it interferes with his daily life, does not not do things he normally would if not smoking? Is he holding up all his responsibilities? Is this something you perceive as a problem or do other family/friends see it as a problem as well? In my case, my wife was too controlling and she admits this now, because her family did not use anything. On the flip side, I know others who did smoke too much and developed mental health problems afterwards, and a reliance on cannabis can indicate unhealthy emotions he is not dealing with, and eventually those are not going to be suppressed with getting stoned. I hope this helps, take it all with a grain of salt. I agree with spirit, your not going to be able to make him do anything about it, it has to be his decision.

Comment

Working...
      X