Is anyone available to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is anyone available to help?

Ah he was originally a part of NKOTB. I am ashamed I know that. Which tour did you see from U2? I've had the lucky opportunity of Zoo TV, 360 and this last one TTT. The lucky thing is we get cameras in so you can see some of the most insane crap unlike other bands.
    Last edited by empyr3al; July 15, 2017, 08:15 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

No-- that's Donnie Wahlberg, the older brother that was and is the New Kid. Marky Mark was in the Funky Bunch and did Goid Vibrations. The success of the New Kids led to him pursuing the rap thing but he wasn't in the group. Your sisters would recall all that stuff (ha). Anyway, that was some hard church work and the AC was out -- its hot here so I was sweating to death! Anything fun going on today?

Comment

As for U2, ZooTV and 360. There was one other but I can't recall the name-- they were in the basketball arena for that one, not the huge done. I like it a little smaller. Too big and it's a bit overwhelming.

Comment

Vertigo maybe?
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes-- Vertigo! We are seeing Roger Waters tomorrow night for my husband. He is excited-- we saw when he rebuilt the wall several years ago. I do hate one thing about going to these places though-- all the drinking. I have to get used to that but at first it seems like a safer choice to withdraw.

Comment

I hardly go out now due to the drink that flows and at a concert at least here is so cost prohitive its nuts at like 8$ for a beer at the major venues, but you see it.

Comment

How long have you been AF, Empy? I am always torn because I have had occasions where the drinking has isolated me and so in my sober life I do not want to withdraw from my family and friends just because they go to places where there is booze. Of course if my husband went purely to a bat there'd be no way I'd go-- but restaurants that we want to go to all have booze, as I said it will be there tonight-- you are right-- it does cost a lot-- but unfortunately ( or rather fortunately from the monetary standpoint) due to our hard work it's not cost prohibitive though in principle I think the prices are insane!!! I slept better last night than I have in so long-- 8 full hours which never happens. Now I'm washing dishes after having finished laundry while watching Wimbledon. Now to think of how to get my son away from the computer!

Comment

Currently a day AF which seems crazy, I made a mistake. Its working with my taper. So the mistake was drinking a 26oz. Was at most 6 months AF and then it lasts a couple days now AF so I have been through hell and back. Because i hate addiction. Realize I drank daily at for a couple years was at 26 - 40 units.
                  Last edited by empyr3al; July 17, 2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

What was your drink of choice with 26 to 40 units? If I recall didn't you say you kept a job up until recently? If you aren't working maybe one thing you could do to get your mind off of booze so no more slips is to pursue another job. It seems you are a good person-- you have listened to me whine away so I would think you'd not chance it to drink on a job. This in no way means I think that people who are alcoholics and drink at work are bad people. I've actually known a few lawyers who drank at lunch at least during the work day and they were great folks. It just seems from your posts that you are mindful and probably would not. I think any AF hour is a win. That may be a low bar but heck-- it's something. In therapy this past week the dr talked about how shame is a useless emotion. I will need lots more work to accept that as my mom used guilt and shame as her main motivators with me and my sister. Guilt drove everything I did. And I know it's paid a big part in the drinking-- guilt over my perceived inadequacies with my dad who really does not deserve the time of day with the way he acts toward us led me to over drink. Not an excuse just a reason. Knowing the reason is important I think so I can deal with that. Honestly though he's old (83) I feel at times he will outlive me. On a lighter note-- I have never seen so many old stoners as at Roger Waters. My husband loved Pink Floyd so I went for the ride. Very political show. As I loathe Emperor Bigly I didn't care but there were many strong reactions to waters video re Pigs. The whole thing was a slam on Donnie Two Scoops. But he has a right to say it . Interesting evening. We are going to watch Beaces Cubs tonight-- should be great

Comment

Absolute Vodka in glass, not plastic, so quality. The odd thing you say is I would not drink on the job. One of the last jobs I had I worked with an alcoholic and because it was a trade and in peoples backyard paradises with pools and he had a standard practice of drinking with these customers it hit like 18 cans/bottles of beer in a day at max and totally destroyed me and my marriage. That was last fall after months of sobiety. The only reason I drank on this job is because while he was chatting away getting drunk I was bored and offered free drink. Started slowly. I was also just starting a different drug known as Trintellix and it does not mix well with alcohol. I stopped Trintellix as it made me emotional and agressive and thats not the person I know I am. I am an honest,loving, caring soul and hard working person and try to help people when I can. Trintellix worst drug and experience of my life. That my honesty for the day. Bad job so no you are right I would not drink on the job but this was a very odd scenario. I wouldn't even consider it a job because we did very little work. It was like showing up to peoples houses for a drink. Severely strange because there was nothing else to do but drink.

There was a time I made no plans because I perceived I would die in a year or 2 so the thought of buying a new house or moving was crazy, or having a baby. I'm freaking 40 so that should be an indicator of how bad it was. The 6 mo of sobriety changed that but it was too late for my marriage unfortunately. Her concept was that I was a liar because I hid alcohol. I did nothing else wrong but hid my addiction which was betrail. Even when I was sober for months she suspected me. So maybe your doc is right about guilt and shame because it is what drives us to drink.

Enjoy your night. And ramble all you want, I will read it. I know nothing of Roger Waters so I cannot comment on the politics of it. Sorry.
                      Last edited by empyr3al; July 17, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

As to waters, it was an anti Trump rant which I am all for. I asked my husband yesterday could we move to Ireland due to this situation- he is big on retiring in our same lifestyle-- and says he needs a few more years to do that. I'd be happy getting a job as a waitress or greeter at Walmart to escape our politics in this country. Putin really managed to destabilize our gov in less than 6 months. But anyway-- nothing I can do but vote out those in power that supported this. Interesting on your story. Vodka was my deal and it became more pronounced as an obsession sort of when I went on a drug to help losing weight. This dr was so big on that drug and the crazy thing was I was almost normal weight! Now I weigh about what I did then drug free but this crap made me crave alcohol, I stopped it but that didn't stop the desire. I learned never to have it around as I'd drink it all. Going to try to sleep-- need to get my boy a camera tomorrow for our trip and have his pants hemmed for the nice places we might eat-- I understand no "trainers" for the nice places

Comment

Yeah I don't believe in Trump, nor does Bono of U2, which is my favorite band. But I am canadian so it seriously messes with us as we try to make peace with our biggest trading partner. The destabilization is crazy, the entire world but especially here in North America. I study pharma quite closely so which drug was this, pm me if you dont want to say. My BMI was lower after years of abuse so mirtazapine helped that. Mind you our Canadian dollar hit a high again as things are changing.
                          Last edited by empyr3al; July 18, 2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

It was phentermine. I think the dr actually had hang ups about weight and he transferred them to patients-- I would not be considered heavy anywhere except for his office-- yeah I used to weigh less pre baby but those days are over. I'm not sure who supports this band of thieves we have running things -- but their blind loyalty is almost Nazi like-- even when he will bring them all down. Our family would get those tax breaks he's trying to pass for the rich and we think it's ridiculous. I'm sorry for the effect on your country-- your PM seems to at least say the right things.and he looks like a Disney Prince! Having bad headaches today-- the humidity is killing my head

Comment

https://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=phentermine So an amphetamine no s%$# that would increase drinking. Thats like what Adderall which is also an amphetamine did to me and why I think its rediculous. It worked for a while and then I hit a huge bender.

Politcally the G20
                              Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met with Angela Merkel early Friday during the G20 summit in Hamburg to strategize on trade and climate change issues. The German chancellor is trying to get as many leaders as possible on board with her energy action plan.

I had another article where Justin considers Merkel the leader of the free world now.

Sorry very political.

Comment

Meanwhile in political news in Canada we are trying to close a loop hole for the rich that setup pseudo corporations often off short to disperse wealth to their children un taxed so they can hold it. I only mentioned this because you were talking about the rich and poor in the US. It appears we are trying to do the opposite of trump.
                                Last edited by empyr3al; July 18, 2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X