Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're back! (Please post feedback/tech issues here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, NS--didn't realize the spammers had glommed on to the blogs. I actually disabled the blog feature in the last forum, as it seemed confusing and I figured most members would rather than post than blog. I'm leaning towards pulling it, but won't if it's a feature people want.

What say y'awl?

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Zach, once again you're ahead of me--was just getting ready to send you this, ha.

RJ
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Hi Roberta, just wanted to send a note to say thanks so much for all you do- I know it probably wasn't easy to migrate the site over- thanks so much for continuing this space for us all.

Comment

I would like to give blogs a try but I can't figure out how to start one. Also, if you can't keep spammers out, it probably would be better not to have the function. If you are going to allow them, could you please tell me how to start one? Thanks.
          And can the default font please be enlarged????

Comment

I don't even see the blogs. I wonder if it is because I'm not yet a subscriber??

Comment

Tuesday 10/7 UPDATE

Hello MWO'ers. Little update before I get pulled away with other matters today:

We're making excellent progress with the upgrade. And we'll be sending no more emails! Happy to report I got only one nastygram from a former member who says I need to watch my back. A quick IP search reveals otherwise.

Okay so we are on the move. Here's the latest:

* The private messages were, indeed lost in translation, however Zach is working with the contractor to write up extra scripts to get them back. Yay! Should be no more than a couple of days. Keep in mind: Guests are not allowed PM privs, Registered Members get 100 PMs, and Subscribers, 500. (These always include sent mail).

* The search feature is indeed impossibly goofy right now but Zach is re-indexing all the content and spanking it back into shape.

* We are addressing/have addressed the issues reported in this thread. If you don't note improvements in the next day or so, please follow up here. Thanks to those of you who are helping us find the glitches.

* We're adding fun stuff! Moods, chat, "like post" and other goodies. Will let you know as they are integrated into the system.

Once we get the site tweaked to our liking, we'll work on attracting advertisers. This has been a significant investment so we thank those of you who subscribe and donate--and ask others to consider helping out with a contribution, at least until we can generate revenue. You'll find links below in my sig file and above in the forum headers.

Excited to share with you some completely new features, services, and information once we get to the next phase!

All the best,

RJ

Comment

MB: Will have Zach address this, but until then, if you do a control/command + does the screen increase for you and with it the font?

RJ

Comment

Thank you / Like Post working now :-)

For those of you frustrated by the inability to 'like' a post, a la Facebook--we've got a fix!

Check out the lower left area after each post. You'll have an opportunity to like or thank and post or poster.

RJ

Comment

Hi RJ- I'm not able to create an avatar-just a profile pic-
                    Fluff
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta Jewell View Post
                      MB: Will have Zach address this, but until then, if you do a control/command + does the screen increase for you and with it the font?

RJ
                      No - but I'm on a Mac rather than a PC - is there a different command?
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wow, thanks for being so responsive to all the suggestions /requests so far! This is way down the list, but if there is ever an option to change the style/ color of the overall frame to something other than “morbid blue”, I think it may make things a little cheerier (AL has already been morbid enough for many of us already). Thanks for all you have done for us so far…
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Thanks for doing all this work RJ and Zach!
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Please include the avatar preference
                            Last edited by fluff; October 7, 2014, 09:26 PM.
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta Jewell View Post
                              Hello MWO'ers. Little update before I get pulled away with other matters today:

We're making excellent progress with the upgrade. And we'll be sending no more emails! Happy to report I got only one nastygram from a former member who says I need to watch my back. A quick IP search reveals otherwise.

Okay so we are on the move. Here's the latest:

* The private messages were, indeed lost in translation, however Zach is working with the contractor to write up extra scripts to get them back. Yay! Should be no more than a couple of days. Keep in mind: Guests are not allowed PM privs, Registered Members get 100 PMs, and Subscribers, 500. (These always include sent mail).

* The search feature is indeed impossibly goofy right now but Zach is re-indexing all the content and spanking it back into shape.

* We are addressing/have addressed the issues reported in this thread. If you don't note improvements in the next day or so, please follow up here. Thanks to those of you who are helping us find the glitches.

* We're adding fun stuff! Moods, chat, "like post" and other goodies. Will let you know as they are integrated into the system.

Once we get the site tweaked to our liking, we'll work on attracting advertisers. This has been a significant investment so we thank those of you who subscribe and donate--and ask others to consider helping out with a contribution, at least until we can generate revenue. You'll find links below in my sig file and above in the forum headers.

Excited to share with you some completely new features, services, and information once we get to the next phase!

All the best,

RJ
                              Hi, RJ

Could the font defaults be reversed with bigger ones for the posts and smaller ones for the quotes? As it is now, I sometimes don't notice posts until they are quoted by someone. Using ctrl+ on a computer and enlarging on an iPad work but then you can't see who wrote the post and it makes using the site less of a good experience.

Thanks for considering a change. NS

Comment

Thank you for this!:

Spam Hammer Statistics

Spam Attack Preventions: 367
                                Today 171, Month: 367, Year: 367

Comment

Working...
                                X