A few recent thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few recent thoughts...

Congrats Spacie on over a year!!! Give yourself a highfive....

Abby

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

bump
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Thanks Mags,

I never fully understood some of the stuff Neil posted in the past.........stuff about brainwaves......didn`t think I would need to go that deep to be `happily` sober. Only now do I realise that yes, sometimes we do have to go the extra mile on this journey.

So, here`s to xtexan. He is truly a beautiful soul.

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Yes, Star

Neil taught so many of us so much. I think the most wonderful thing he always taught us was to follow our soul. Man, we was rough on us. Take no prisoners. But none of this AA 12 step bullshit crap either. We have to stand up and just take responsibility and do what we have to do. I am a scientist, he is an engineer - we solve problems like suck it up and do it.
          But for many of us who are one or more solar orbitors,
          We know the stresses are much different and the pain is much different. I have written about my experiences here many times in the last few years and deleted all of them because I mostly got airhead responses from the two weekers.
          I have been 6 or 7 years now and it is very hard for me now. You wouldn't think it is, but it is. The physical and emotional changes have been amazing. So have the struggles.
          Maybe I could write about them. I used to write here. I would rather hear from Neil.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Mags it would be great to hear from you. There is sadly too few long termers here now. I hope you are doing OK, you say you are finding it hard now? Maybe it would be good to write about them. I hope you decide to share.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Please do Mags.
              I often wonder about Neil. Avery smart cookie.
              He's got such a good way with words. I wish he'd come back now and then. He gave so much, but maybe he's moved on

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Mags, it's really wonderful to see you here again. You're missed my friend.

Love, Gia

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Mags, you are a treasure, so sorely missed here. You say you're having a hard time? So very sorry. Perhaps we can help. Love you, j
                  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Hello Mags
                    I really enjoyed reading your posts and haven't been around for some time, so unsure as to what's happening.
                    Best wishes
                    Blondie

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Mags, thanks for reminding me of Neil.
                      I always enjoyed his thoughts.
                      I'm an engineer as well, but have only been sober for about 410 days, not all that long compared to many here.
                      Take care everyone.
                      Love and Peace,
                      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

A few recent thoughts...

Great post Neil,,, i do believe Hope got me through, every day i add on a little bit of hope! Am going to give my Hope book to someone now and hope it will give them hope like it give ME.
                        I hear people share and say in AA that they have RECOVERED and i believe that, because i see with my own eye's .

Mags, i to hope all is well with you it such ashame you had to delete some of your post. you know it would be good to hear from you mags please do write about it.:l
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                        X