A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FallenAngel;354922 wrote: To my very special friend Doubter....
    Congratulations on 4 months of sobriety

really good at ->>> :boxer:

Thanks Angel, time, flyin,tlrgs and all friends here on the thread and mwo:thanks:

Its been a great ride - this four month journey of sobriety, especially with the help and support of friends here at mwo.

This milestone triggered memories of what happened in the past four months - my first post here in a terrible state of mind and from then on, slowly emerging out of the vicelike grip of alcohol and probably finding a very important part of myself which I didn't even realise that I've lost touch with.

As days progress, my ability to deal with life in all its stark reality without the debilitating crutch of booze is definitely impoving. Everyday, I'm finding atleast one more confirmation that life can be lived better without alcohol. I thought I drank for fun. I was mistaken. Now I know that it was sheer escapism from the harsh realities of life.

These four months have brought about really major changes in my lifestyle. The biggest gain today is definitely the re-discovery of my self-belief - the realisation that we can really achieve absolutely anything if we really put our minds to it.

I've been thinking of some goals for the next four months, during which I resolve to stay alcohol-free. I've already found a number of worthy substitutes to fill in the time that I've reclaimed from alcohol. One of which is to prepare for a ten kilometre run within the next four months. I'll be posting about my progress in the fitness thread from now on. This I hope shall keep me away from romanticizing about booze.

Angel! I hope by now, inspite of all my recondite posts, I've somehow been able to communicate how much you've helped me in remaining sober. In fact, you are the one who prodded me on to this path of sobriety and then remained steadfast in your support and encouragement , whenever I had doubts about the purpose of it all. I remain eternally grateful.

Time, T & flyin
    , thanks for your best wishes. We are all partners in progress. I reside halfway across the world and still, associating with you all at mwo made me realise that human predicaments are essentially similar all around the globe. Talk about human connectedness!

And Angel! Don't you for a moment think that Doubter's fighting spirit is in anyway weakened. Just waiting for the oppurtune moment, that's all...lol...

And Captn
    , great that you really had a fling of the lifetime!

Have fun everyone.

D
    *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Thanks doubter it was simply wonderful> I must say I never thought I would come in to contact with such selfless wonderful people as you bloody lot!!!!!! on a bloody screen!!!!!! I wish I could just give you lot !ALL OF YOU" ( im not gay not that there is anything wrong with that) the biggest hug. Im a very shy person at heart but is it possible to feel you have freinds over the internet????? You guys have proved to me it is. Thanks Angel for starting this I hope it never ends
      Love always Cap

Comment

IAD I used to see Men At work every Saturday at my local pub before they got big. I have a 45 single they used to sell at the door of the original version of "Land Down Under" before we took the Americas Cup Away from you YANKS (sailing) and they made a new version. I reckon it might be worth a bit now..... if my darling daughter as a baby didnt break it up into little pieces. These things were sent to try us LOL.
        CAP

Comment

Comment

HOPE EVERTHING WORKS OUT, GETTING BORED AT HOME..IAD!
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Party, I'm their !!!Ha! IAD!
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD
                IAM TAKING MY WEB CAM
                OF MY COMPUTER STOP
                TAKING PICTURES OF ME WHILE I WORK
                TLRGS !!!! HAHAHA
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

party???

Where?
                  I can't see it....directions please!!!

Comment

Flyin, Is that a Falex Symbol ? Ha! Enquiring minds want to know ! IAD!
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Darrens of the world!

A Japanese company (Toyota ) and an American company (Ford) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a kilometer. The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion.

They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilise that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganised to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents, and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager.

They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners, and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes, and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two kilometers. Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India.
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

:H:H:H:H:H

good one, Angel!
                        *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

I didn't know that Bart was Japanese!!

Comment

IAD;355566 wrote: Party, I'm their !!!Ha! IAD!
                            love them bobbing heads IAD...now is that you, T and Capt..? :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Doesn't look like the Simpson's are Ford or Toyota kinda people.

Comment

Darren's

Happy 4th of July

Comment

Working...
                                X