A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well doubter we have all been there and done that.. and it sound like you have learn alot from it so lets move on to greener grass anf grow even more .. peace buddy you are doing it ..
    stay strong and think positive..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

First of all Doubter, I just wanted to say that I have put off replying to your post to keep Chief's thread "The Beast is still here" at the forefront of the long-term abstainers section...I feel his thread has valuable information that we all need to read.

doubter;442760 wrote:
      Am posting here to tell that I slipped. Drank on two consecutive days - 7th and 8th of October - breaking my seven month saga of sobriety.

Posting here to always remind me that I cannot get too complacent with my sobriety. And to remind me that I really did not enjoy the drink. I'm better off staying away from booze.
      Most of our discussions are not held here at MWO, but I do see the point of bookmarking this event on our thread...in fact, I'm glad you did.

It's always disheartening when someone slips, but it can be used in a positive way...like cmhguy3 said, "a lesson learned". And that's exactly how it should be treated... a lesson we learned the hard way.
      To me, slips & relapses are totally different... a slip is a momentary lapse of judgment, the person takes it as "a lesson learned", reviews why it happened, how to not have it happen again, & proceeds on with their quit. A relapse however, is a slip that was never properly addressed & handled, and hence, begins the downward spiral into old habits.
      It is clear to see, what happened to you was a minor slip.

Together, we have gone over all the details & know exactly why your slip happened, and how to prevent ones in the future. We both know that not only do we need to be ever vigilant for those cracks in the armor, but we must also have an attitude that is humble of nature and filled with gratitude.

Doubter, in my eyes you did not break your promise... the one who made the promise is still here, stronger than ever in their resolve. No one ever said the journey wouldn't have its rough spots... the important thing to know is that there will always be someone right beside us to help when we stumble...someone that will be there to forge through the rough terrain as well as take a stroll on a sandy beach... the journey is diversified as the travelers on it...that's what makes it such a magical adventure

Ok... that being said, c'mere.... I've got something for you.... :huggy no, not that...
      THIS::b&d::b&d::b&d:
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Doubter, sorry on your set back. You know that their are lot of us here that have lasted years without a drink, only to slip into it again. Pick yourself up and start again....."This fight we fight is one that will last till we take our final breath" ( AF ). IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the support friends - Captn, Roger, Angel & IAD. I needed this because sometimes, the gravity of the struggle to stay sober is lost on my realife friends.

Captn! You have always been a great support to me and I really appreciate your kind words.

Roger! You have always remained the steadfast rock of support for all mwoers.

Angel!
          Okay, I'm ready for the lashes and all. Sincere thanks to you for all the support and guidance. We've discussed the issue threadbare and that itself has been an enormous help in bringing my focus back to issues that matter.

Thanks IAD!
          More that that of a struggle, the imagery that comes to mind for me is that of freeing myself from bondage. I had two major addictions in life - cigarettes and booze. Besting both means that I am no more a slave to mind-altering chemicals. Not drinking also frees up one of my most precious resources - time. For putting it to use for pursuits that I really enjoy and find meaningful.

Peace to all.

Karmayogi.
          *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Doubter, and good luck bro'. have been af for 10 weeks...fell.. sussed the trap's... looking at doing it again soon... i feel.look.walk.sound so much better af. find it hard to moderate as much as i'd like to.... i don't think i'm that 'guy'. all the best to you mate... G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Doubter
              I have thought about what I wanted to say to you, mostly becausse I have not been the model of an AF person recently. This struggle is very difficult to say the least and I am learning more about myself everyday. Having said that, I can not begin to tell you how much having very supportive people (whom I met on this site) has made on me. I know that without them I could never have made the progress that I have made to this point. I also know that because of that porgrss I have beem strong enough to make some very big decisions in my life. I am embracing those who I think can be a positive influence in my life and moving forward as I know you are too. Although our paths may not cross directly very often, I do think of you and wish you continued success on your journey!

Comment

thanks Guitarista.

Thanks Time. I too am realising that there are fundamental issues with me that made me seek refuge in drinking. Sobriety has not made them go away, only given me the time , energy and the space to deal with them, one issue at a time.

Let's keep moving forward.

Karmayogi

Comment

A Day To Remember

What a wonderful day!
                  Although this week holds several special occasions for me (birthday & half-year milestones)...today feels the most special of all! Our friend Doubter accomplished a very extraordinary goal today...one that he has been working so hard at, has had setbacks along the way, and wasn't sure if what he set out to do would be possible. I don't want to rain on his parade, I know that he plans on posting about it on another thread when he gets back online in a couple of days, so I let me just say, so that we have a written record of this very special occasion.....

Doubter, my special friend...
                  we have been through so much in these past months... good times & challenging times.... but what is important is that we have weathered through all of them & are stronger because of it. Today would not be possible if you did not have the strong will & determination to persevere through those times of difficulty. I lack the words to express how proud I am of your accomplishment, what a very special day this is!
                  ...and thank you, thank you for allowing me to share this special day with you...nothing is more heart-warming than to be with those that you care about in their moments of living life to the fullest
                  This truly is a day to celebrate life!
                  AF 6 years
                  NF 7 years

Comment

Quote for the Day

I just read Robin Sharma's daily inspiration for January 24th, found it to be so fitting for today, and just wanted to share it with everyone:

Your life is a treasure and you are so much more than you know.
                    The life you live today doesn't have to the the life you lead tomorrow.
                    Make a choice. Take a leap.
                    Rise above your circumstances to your next level of greatness.
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

Comment

hey doubter awesome job buddy and fallen amen sister .. love the saying..
                      its good to see you back on the board girl .. and did those shoes come in yet ..
                      send a picture ..im missing you my friends

Comment

tlrgs;528753 wrote: hey doubter awesome job buddy
                        Now THAT is funny! .... you don't even know what you're congratulating him for! LOL

Hi buddy!
                        I'm having a great day!.... today marks 1 1/2 years of sobriety for me. I was going to post something here on the thread since my half-year milestones mean a lot to me, but I ended up getting so busy with other things, I never got the chance. I did however, spend some time today with a very special friend, so that in itself made my day.

Life keeps getting better with each passing day, I feel very blessed & grateful to have been given the opportunity to live, love, learn & laugh along the way.
                        AF 6 years
                        NF 7 years

Comment

lets see what he could have done .. he got an A on a test ..NO HIS DRIVING LICENSE.. OH WAIT HE IS DOING HE BEST AND NOT DRINING ANYMORE NOW THAT IS AWESOME ..AND YEAH I KNOW ITS YOUR ..YEAR AND A HALF OF BEING SOBER .. YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD sorry caps ..
                          just me being funny again ..

Comment

Hmm...March 2008 was when he quit drinking, so what could he have accomplished that we would know about in January??? Compelling...to say the least!
                            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                            :h

Comment

My curiosity has been peaked......so I anxiously await Doubter and his announcement. In the meantime I congratulate Angel on her two quits. She has been an inspiration to me in so many ways and I am proud to call her a friend. :h

Comment

Thanks Angel.

Was away from mwo and the net for the past three days. As discussed with you, posted my Run experience on the long term abstainers section. ( I do have the cheek now to consider myself a longtermer now...lol..)

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...tes-30461.html

And hello Roger, time and ready!

Comment

Working...
                                X