Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Doubter...
    even though we don't frequent MWO much any more, I thought it would be nice to extend the day we have shared & post a little something for us to mark this milestone.
    Hard to believe a whole year has gone by since you first flung that insult at me! LOL (I still think your name sucks more!! lmao)
    The year itself may have seemed to have passed by quickly, but just think how far we have come...how much we have shared... how many steps we have traveled on this journey... it has been nothing less than one truly remarkable year.
    Thank you Doubter... thank you for everything you do... and for always being there for me.
    How blessed I am to have found such a wonderful lifetime friend. :l
    Angel

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
    When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
    They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.
    They are there for the reason you need them to be.
    Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
    Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
    Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
    What we must realize is that our need has been met , our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
    The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
    They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
    They may teach you something you have never done.
    They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
    Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
    things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
    Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

~Author Unknown
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

I'm glad for Doubter.......but Fallen you also have other friends that you have seem to ignore. We loved your post, and had good times.....yet you don't mention us in any of your threads. Friends are friends..don't forget us........IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hello IAD...so nice to see you, hope you're doing well. I do keep in touch with others..in emails & IM.
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

thanks!

Many thanks Angel!

For all that you've expressed in your post.

You've been my partner in progress on this beautiful journey of sobriety. Expecting many more fruitful years of friendship.

Karmayogi
          *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Gandi was a great man.....I think his Auto B. was the first book my father ever read..........he must of found something in it that fassinated him !. ( Good fortune to you Doubter. ) IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Monsoon Musings

Been quite a while since I last logged in. Been a period of seminal changes in my personal life.

The sobriety journey continues. Fifteen months is a substantial period. No hiccups as yet. Don't see them in the near future.

The past two months have been a season of turmoil. Illness in the family. And then, the much talked about global economic tsunami hit personal shores. I had been served with a two month notice at work. I don't know the western equivalent of this but, simply put, I've been given two months to show substantial performance improvement at work, or else, I'll have no work to go to. Classic shape-up-or-ship out scenario. First ever in my career. In the ensuing emotional melee, drove the final nail in a supremely valuable relationship.

Was reflecting on these happenings yesterday.

Suddenly the truth hit me.

In my pre-sober avatar, I would have simply thrown in the towel and drowned my sorrows in booze further compounding the ugly situation. But my reactions, as sober (Non)Doubter are infinitely better. I have the time, energy and the mental space to deal with these real life issues in a far more constructive manner.

Being sober hasn't diminished life's googlies. It just makes us better equipped to negotiate them. Bring them on, Shane Warne!

Sobriety is a better state of existence.

Random thought, this.

Peace to all.

Karmayogi

Comment

Hi Doubter,
                Good to see you again.
                Isnt it amazing how we deal so much better with the ups and downs sober? I too lost my job this year and drunk I would have had anxiety issues that went through the roof.
                Sober I can see benefits to losing my job, new openings and new opportunities.
                Its all good stuff!
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

yes doubter you can certainly deal with life much better & clearer when your sober,good for you staying af,i wish you all the best in the future

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Doubter
                    It is good to see you post, but I am truly sorry for the circumstances that you find in your life right now. It seems like you have alot to deal with, but I am so glad that you are able to do so with clear and sober thinking.
                    Although I believe being sober makes life better, life is not necessarily less stressful or perfect just easier to deal with. I hope that this is the start of some positive changes in your life and you are able to sort out what is important and focus on that.
                    Please let us know how you are doing from time to time.
                    Best Wishes
                    Time

Comment

good to see you doubter stay strong and keep thinking positive ...
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Congratulations on 15 months Doubter. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm sure things will work out for you. Take good care of yourself, and be proud that you have maintained your sobriety through all of this, that shows real commitment....well done my friend.
                        AF 6 years
                        NF 7 years

Comment

Startingover, Mario, Time and Roger,

Thanks for the good wishes. I am sure that this predicament too shall pass. I posted here to strenghten my resolve to remain al-free.

Time,
                          I seem to be coming back to mwo in moments of crisis. Sort of updating my Sobriety Journal. And also during times of resetting life's defaults.

Angel. Thanks for everything. The journey till date was a walk in the park in your presence. The true battle starts now. Time to batten down the hatches.

Peace to all.

Karmayogi

Comment

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
                            Henry David Thoreau

Doubter..... welcome, Keep up the good fight, don't worry about your position, fate is a funny thing.....for it to work one must lose something to gain something. Your an intelligent man...something will come your way. Best wishes, Karmayogi......IAD.
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks IAD for the encouraging words.

Thanks again for quoting Thoreau....and the Mahatma in your previous post in the thread. Two truly admirable souls.

Comment

Maybe we should journey to India with Doubter now ???

Lets set our sights further afield than just tourist places .....
                                ?We are one another's angels?
                                Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X